1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.17 World Reset

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ratriq, Nov 4, 2020.

?

Would you like a world reset after updating to 1.17? But with kept items via the portal method.

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TI1TED

TI1TED
    Expand Collapse
    hi guys

I never really understood why servers HAVE to update to new vers. I know plenty of thriving pre-1.13 and pre-1.9 servers. I don't think Civ has to update at all, I would prefer a downgrade to 1.8 or 1.7 tbh

2. Ratriq

Ratriq
    Expand Collapse
    Top Swedish Meatball on CivWars
    Staff Member Moderator

Well ofc hardcore pvpers like you and such don't care about the new versions really, but casuals and people who care for more than just pvping want to play with the new features.

3. Asdeo

Asdeo
    Expand Collapse
    Nemesis Consul Mayor of Lofi

You do know this server is heavily based on pvp right?

4. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

It's heavily based on Towny. We're just one of the few servers who kept the war system enabled instead of disabling it

5. Asdeo

Asdeo
    Expand Collapse
    Nemesis Consul Mayor of Lofi

civs pvp has been the focus of development for like, ages now lol the last like PvE or whatever update we got was the whole fishing mining thing, which i havent been on to try for myself. civ is mostly def more pvp based though i am not denying it has core ¨towny¨ elements

6. The_Chubby_Koala

The_Chubby_Koala
    Expand Collapse

I think a world reset would definitely do a lot to bring in new players and revitalize the server, but I worry that retaining our items will just create a sharper divide between new and old players. Those of us who've been around awhile have chests full of P4 gear and a lot of resources that we've accumulated over time. I honestly wouldn't be opposed to a full reset, items and all, so that we start on the new world on a more level playing field that gives new players a chance to rise up.

7. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, a full reset would be best if we decide to reset the map. Sure you can get p4 first day if you try hard enough but that at least still takes some time and gives any new people a chance to also get to that point

8. TI1TED

TI1TED
    Expand Collapse
    hi guys

I really, really don't want to update to 1.17 but if we do I think it needs to be a full reset rather than just "keep however much you can stuff in 10 alts invs"