1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A locked thread showing current features the server has

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Breeze, May 17, 2019.

?

Do you think this is a good idea?

1. Yes

2. No

3. I do not because (I left a comment)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Breeze

Breeze
    Expand Collapse
    Donator

What do you want to happen: I would like for all the current features that add content to CivWars (Souls for example) to be added to a sticky thread somewhere on the forums or discord(Preferably both).

Why should it happen: The purpose of this is it will allow people who are not as social / closed off groups be it neutral or not, to have a better understanding of the server. By adding what they do, how to participate and other relevant information. Despite it often being mentioned in change logs when a new feature is added, as more logs are added and more people join, older logs become less relevant and people will not look through them if they are newer. Having a static list that is updated with either links to individual threads explaining the bigger features and/or even referencing the plugin that allows that feature to work.

What will this bring to the server:
    It will allow a more in depth understanding to the more fresh players that join CivWars and it shouldn't take too long to make. It is a very cost and time efficient method of ensuring that players are maximising what they can do on the server minus management having to deal with constant questions(I am aware some people might completely forgo this, but by placing link signs in spawn, descriptions/links on the discord as well as the forum, it will significantly reduce the people asking) as well as ensure that people aren't just playing classic towny war thinking that is all we offer.

Who is it for:
    The new guys that come across our server and stick around for all CivWars has to offer feature wise, not just Towny War.

Red and Boywolfpup like this.