A message from Randall0208

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MooseBobby, Dec 24, 2018.

1. MooseBobby

MooseBobby
    Expand Collapse

A message to Civwars Staff

I’ve been banned for some time and this isn’t a ban appeal or anything, I don’t have any intention of coming back either, I’ve found other hobbies. This is a suggestion to derp and the other owners of what I think they need to do if they want to keep the server from dying. Even though I don’t play minecraft anymore and don’t find it fun anymore I still do care about civwars because it’s where I met pretty much all of my online friends that I still talk to today. Growing up, civwars was the main server I played and took up a good chunk of my free time. Anyways onto the suggestions. I’ve heard that the server is going to be moving to 1.13, which I wouldn’t advise doing if it were my server. I get that plugins aren’t being updated anymore and the version is just super old but it is a known fact that hypixel makes up around 50% of all players at this very moment online playing minecraft java edition. That said, hypixel is 1.8 pvp oriented. You can connect with newer versions, but the pvp and everything else is 1.8. I remember a few years back when coolsurdy and I were close he figured out how to code bots to log into hypixel and advertise civwars. It was the funniest thing, after like an hour of doing it the player count went from 25ish to 50 and surprisingly a lot of players stayed aside from the angry people logging on saying to stop advertising. Now I’m not saying to do that, it wouldn’t help the server at this point. I’m saying you should stay 1.8 and possibly advertise towards 1.8 pvp players like hypixel players through a hypixel youtuber that enjoys pvp and might bring some 1.8 players over to the server to regrow the community. If you were to do that now though it probably wouldn’t help because the server doesn’t have hardly anyone playing it anymore and nobody wants to play a server with nobody on it. That starts my 2nd suggestion which is to do a ban wipe, meaning unbanning everybody. I’m not suggesting this just to benefit me, like I said I do not even like this game anymore, quite frankly I hate it. Many of the old players that are pretty active are banned and if you were to wipe the bans then they would probably play again. As soon as their friends hear they’re unbanned they will play too and you’ll have a decent player base again. This is only if you’re willing to bite the bullet and give up your grudges against these players if you want to save your server and your investment. Even though you probably despise me, I hope you will consider these suggestions. I wish you and the server the best.

-Randall0208

DONT BAN ME FOR POSTING THIS DERP, IM JUST DOING A FAVOR FOR RANDALL - Moose

TheFreshLemon likes this.
  2. Boywolfpup

Boywolfpup
    Expand Collapse

:thinking: