Moosebobby appeal.

Discussion in 'Accepted Appeals' started by relaxer, Nov 29, 2018.

1. relaxer

relaxer
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Moderator

Ban appeal is attached below, but first, a bit of a preface:

I think most people will be more than a little surprised to see me posting this. I've been Moose's biggest enemy on this server and was more than happy to see him banned. I did not initially weigh in on Moose's first ban appeal, mainly because I thought it was terrible appeal and that Moose hadn't learned his lesson.

I still don't think Moose has fully learned his lesson... but I do think he's starting to learn it. This is a conversation for Moose and the staff, but I think there is a path towards the rehabilitation of Moose. I don't think Civwars is the same without him.

In-game name: Moosebobby

Ban Length: Indefinite

Reason for ban: "Disrespect, Slander, Incapability of understanding what's in front of you."

Staff member who banned you: IHazCow

Why should we Unban you:

Dear Derp and the staff team,

I am here today to go over all the trouble and problems I’ve caused for you and the community and I hope to gain your forgiveness so that one day you may feel benevolent enough to reduce my justly given punishment. In this letter I will cover what I have done and what has changed to make me write this to you. Along with that I will cover what I will do in the future and what I have already tried to do to make amends.

I have committed many serious offenses against the server in my time here, under the new administration. These crimes include everything from alt evasion to massive chat violations. I know multiple times staff have had to mute/punish me for chat offenses ranging from racism to harassment. I have also not been the politest to the new staff team and new players. My tenure on this server was no excuse for my behavior. My attitude towards the server, staff, and players wasn’t helpful and only caused harm to my favorite server. I am known on Civ as a warmonger and toxic player, especially known for targeting of new players and weaker towns. I realize now this only serves to help the server die which would not be good at all. I have done bad things like not punishing my members for hacking. I have annoyed staff members who do nothing but contribute their free time to the server both in game and on the forums. I have done terrible things to new players wanting to join the server. I also slandered the server and Derp by calling it dead and that Derp spent $3000 on buying it from Coolsurdy. These were false and I am sorry for saying them.

For these offenses I am truly sorry. I’ve been a dick. At first when you banned me, I thought it was a joke, that you weren’t serious, and I couldn’t see the true reasoning behind your ban. I see now that all I have caused is harm to the server in my pursuit for domination and the thrill of conquest. I consequently ordered Nexus members to go on Civ and attack everyone, which I understand now to be petty and immature. After a few weeks went by and I got so bored. I thought I would appeal. I appealed with an appeal directing blame back at the staff team, not a smart or right thing for me to do, and I am sorry. Derp was rightful to deny that appeal because at that time I feel like I wasn’t desperate enough to truly understand what all I did and why he would ban me. I see now that all I did was spread chaos, help kill or weaken the server, and do it all for my personal pleasure. If the roles were reverse and I was the server admin, I would have banned me too. For this I am truly sorry and hope you can forgive me one day. I searched for hours, days, for another server like Civ with no avail, there simply just isn’t another server with the same spark or energy as Civ has. I didn’t fully realize what I had lost until I had lost it. :(

Civwars is my favorite server of all time, it is the reason I’m still playing this block game after so long and I have had so many great memories on the, from building grinders to massive battles, this server is truly unique. The Civ community is the best community I’ve been in, while extremely toxic, a great and fun community nevertheless. I’ve made so many friends on Civwars and while some have left the server forever, I will never forget them. I see now though that I am part of the problem and I need to change my gameplay style and to help Civwars grow as a server everyone can enjoy.

If one day you decide to reduce my sentence Derp, I will try my hardest to help you and Civ itself to grow and prosper as the greatest server ever. Instead of a rampaging beast I will cease my warmongery against defenseless players and instead help new players enjoy the server. As a show of goodwill and hopefully a first step in the right direction, I have created and edited a trailer for Civwars. I am not asking for an immediate unban, but I hope one day you can choose to reduce my sentence from forever and allow me once again to walk the face of Civwars. I am willing to put in work to show that I can be a beneficial player to the server, instead of a toxic one. I beg you at least consider letting me earn my way to an unban one day.

Thank you for reading and sorry for taking up your time,

Moosebobby

2. W8RLD

W8RLD
    Expand Collapse

As a former enemy of Moose, I understand the grievances most of the community has against him. Especially since I was fighting him during the backdoor. However, I do believe the server is a better place with him. Over the past month, server activity has been on the decline and most of the old players have quit due to Moose's ban. If Moose were to be unbanned, Nexus would immediately flock back to the server and player count would average out to at least 15 people per day. I believe his month long departure from civ has given him the opportunity to reflect on his past mistakes and ultimately become a better person. This appeal gets an upvote from me.

TheFreshLemon likes this.
  3. Vali

Vali
    Expand Collapse

I believe Moose should get one last chance on the server. It's been a long time since he's been banned now, and I think he's had enough time to reflect on his mistakes. He may have done a lot of things, but two wrongs don't necessarily make a right.
    You're making a mistake by outright shunning him. If we can't even give forgiveness to one of our own, what does that say about the community? Hatred will only breed more hatred. That's why I don't think he should be made an example out of and banned forever. Give the man a chance at redemption on the server.

4. IHazCow

IHazCow
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Owner of Civilization Wars

I dont believe any sort of mistakes were made, the way you are saying it is that I am making a mistake by enforcing the rules? By removing a person who clearly had no regards for the rules and actively went out of his way to try and ruin the server?

Hes not being made an example. He clearly broke the rules and got punished. Even after being unbanned multiple times he clearly continued and had no care.
    He has had plenty of chances of redemption, where he said the same thing.
    I dont see whats different now other than every other server he tried played on he also got banned on, except they didnt give him multiple chances.

Pelleaon and MaxSugarBucket like this.
  5. TheFreshLemon

TheFreshLemon
    Expand Collapse

I agree and I think it's time for Moose to be unbanned.

6. Pelleaon

Pelleaon
    Expand Collapse
    Ate a whole spoon of ketchup
    Staff Member Senior Moderator

Kind of agree with Vali. One more chance. I think for the first time he's come to really just hit a wall for lack of better terms; there's no other option but to submit to the rules if he wants to come back. If he doesn't then let it be known that it is his last chance. I've seen him remorseful- however uh many times he has been before- but the difference here is making it clear that this is it. There's no more wiggle room, and he'll have to accept he'll be under scrutiny for his previous behaviors. Let him return, but it'll be under watchful eyes.

TheFreshLemon and Draliri like this.
  7. TheFreshLemon

TheFreshLemon
    Expand Collapse

Agreed

8. Boywolfpup

Boywolfpup
    Expand Collapse

I'd be for it ONLY IF...

Moose would go neutral by himself

9. TheFreshLemon

TheFreshLemon
    Expand Collapse

He won't, but he won't kill the server either. It would be his last chance he isn't stupid and is actually a nice guy. Moose won't be the one killing the server this time.

10. Hammmer

Hammmer
    Expand Collapse

I have always hated Moose because he was such a dick to me for a very long time. I know of his harsh ways, and what he acted like, and I can tell from that appeal, that Moose has actually changed. At first, I was against the un-ban of Moose, but after thinking it over, and reading his appeal, I believe it is time he gets another chance, and is not permanently banned from CivWars. Yes, Moose has tried to kill Civ many times, but if it weren't for him, I, along with others, may not have stayed around for as long as we did. Moose made the server interesting, sometimes horrible, but mostly enjoyable. He engaged in huge wars the whole server knew about, and it united people to help take down his amazing nation of Nexus; even when unsuccessful, the people of Civ still had a lot of fun fighting, or watching. I believe, it is time Moose be welcomed back onto the server, and given one last chance to right his wrongs!

TheFreshLemon likes this.
  11. Bleeep

Bleeep
    Expand Collapse

History can only repeat itself so many times before people identify the pattern and actively change it. We all know how many chances he's been given, and how he actively pissed on the goodwill of those who believed he had changed. He comes back a new, squeaky-clean player that doesn't intend to cause harm to the server. However, he quickly becomes bored with the new style of play that he has been forced to adopt, so he begins to slowly revert back to the Cro-Magnon the majority of us cannot stand. The cycle finishes with him ultimately being banned, and then the cycle starts again several weeks later with another ban appeal.

I don't hate Moose, it's just obvious what will happen if we unban him.

12. TheFreshLemon

TheFreshLemon
    Expand Collapse

13. IHazCow

IHazCow
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Owner of Civilization Wars

Accepted.

User unbanned - this is your final chance. New rules are being added regarding attempts to ruin/kill server population. Tread carefully.
    I do enjoy your company moose and talking to you, but server rules come first. Please be cautious and be an actual player, you will certainly gain more respect.

As for why lemon did this, I have no fucking clue.

Boywolfpup and TheFreshLemon like this.