SigmaFlash's Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Denied Appeals' started by SigmaFlash, May 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SigmaFlash

SigmaFlash
    Expand Collapse

• In-game name: SigmaFlash
    • Ban/Mute length: 1 month
    • Why were you banned/muted?: "falsifying evidence, lying about it, and attempting to make people quit the server"
    • Why should we unban/unmute you?: I should be unbanned because I am sorry for what I did to Drastia. What I did was in the moment and I did it without thinking their would be any consequences. I skimmed the rules before doing the little act and I saw nothing that said it was bannable. All 3 of the things I was banned for was not against the rules and there is nothing in the rules that also say that staff can ban for things that is not listed on here. I understand what I did was very low of me and I should have not done it and I think my ban should be lowered by a ton and maybe even removed for this.

• If the appeal is accepted and your ban sentence is reduced, do you want to VOLUNTEER FOR KARAOKE for a further ban reduction?: Yes

PS: i love nexus & i love civwars

MooseBobby likes this.
  2. DemonofRazgriz

DemonofRazgriz
    Expand Collapse

2, not 1 just saying. :p

Heres how I feel, you were thinking as you had to in order to have that half assed scripted plan, creating false reports and lying to staff about it technically shouldn't even be stated in the rules as it's common sense.

In my opinion I feel you aren't truely sorry for your actions as you and have gone this low in order to try and make drastia lose neutrality, I know your a better person then that because no one would truely stoop that low for something just about a nation being neutral.

I hope you will actually learn from this and become a better person not only for civwars but also the community itself. If your ban does get reduced I hope to see you on the server sooner, but I wish it isnt removed as you still need to accept what you've done, your a part of the community and part of civs history along with some others in nexus. Wish you the best sigma <3

Boywolfpup, Meloye and Red like this.
  3. Rengaah

Rengaah
    Expand Collapse

it seems sincere enough to me
    UNBANNED

4. DemonofRazgriz

DemonofRazgriz
    Expand Collapse

<_< hacker

5. Rengaah

Rengaah
    Expand Collapse

im not a hacker im a texture pack user! learn the difference!

6. DemonofRazgriz

DemonofRazgriz
    Expand Collapse

Eh..... either way banned, so filthy

MooseBobby likes this.
  7. SigmaFlash

SigmaFlash
    Expand Collapse

Bans are meant to be from chat violations, discord violations, forums violations and ingame violations and from what the rules say I did nothing bannable. I am sorry btw :(

MooseBobby likes this.
  8. Acid Monkey

Acid Monkey
    Expand Collapse

Considering your attempt to unneutral us was to make us raidable, it was insiding with intent to raid, so yes it is against the rules. Furthermore your appeal is underwhelming, and not especially sincere. Your main emphasis is that it wasn’t technically against the rules (incorrect) while you sprinkle in at random points that you’re sorry, and what you did was wrong. It seems more like you’re just ticking off an apologetic requirement for an appeal as opposed to actual regret. Speaking of the event in discord without remorse. Unlike trick who showed sincerity, in his appeal and in discord. You’ve just made an appeal in hopes to get less punishment for a crime you don’t really care that you committed.

Boywolfpup, Bleeep, Meloye and 3 others like this.
  9. DemonofRazgriz

DemonofRazgriz
    Expand Collapse

Honestly acid sums up alot of what I was gonna respond with, there are things called unwritten rules which come with common sense, trying to make someone lose their neutrality via an insider is against the rules as insiding and obviously lying in reports and falsifying evidence is against the rules, that's straight up common sense, clearly your not a better person then I thought you were and I hope that your ban stays where it is, maybe own up to your actions instead of saying its "not in the rules"

Boywolfpup and Acid Monkey like this.
  10. Red

Red
    Expand Collapse

This is an atrocious appeal. You clearly show that you arent sorry through this appeal and your replies to others on the thread, you insided to make a nation lose neutrality, which isnt only immature, it breaks the established "no insiding" rule.

Furthermore, obviously what you did wasnt "in the moment", as you continued to lie about it and clearly planned it out, albeit not well.

You were banned for two months, not one, and I feel like it should stay that way. You're lucky they're even letting you do karaoke.also, saying "nothing I did was bankable or against the rules" followed by "I am sorry btw :(" shows that not only are you sorry, but that you arent taking your ban seriously.

Boywolfpup and Acid Monkey like this.
  11. Brawdy

Brawdy
    Expand Collapse

Sigma as much as I like to argue on behalf of players to shorten bans because as much as I hate you and nexus you guys are fun to play against. You really did not show remorse for your actions and truly wrote a horrible appeal and one could say it’s about as half assed as your script you made. I’m telling you now if you delete this and make a serious remorseful appeal your ban will most likely be less horrible.

Boywolfpup, Acid Monkey and Red like this.
  12. danghannistan

danghannistan
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Head Historian

If you truly thought what you did was wrong you wouldn't have the audacity to even suggest that your ban would simply be "removed," and to anyone who thinks that because:
    that they can't be banned, you are very wrong. You are not entitled to play here. If you are going to be so toxic to other players in the community that you would falsify evidence in an attempt to get them punished just because you don't like them, you do not have a place here.

If you really "love civwars", you should not take actions that damage the integrity of the community and that drive players away. If you really loved CivWars you would have respect enough for the community to not do what you did.

The fact that you take this so lightly shows me you are not ready to return with any expediency, and I have my doubts that two months is even enough, but that is where it stands, and that is where it will stay.

Denied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.