Pending slimdude staff application, or something

slimdude

In game name: SlimDude
Country/Timezone: US, EST
Why do you believe you should be staff?: I've been on CivWars on and off for many years, and I intend on making a return over the coming weeks/months. I have experience on other servers and I believe I can be a positive force for the server and the community as a Mod.
What would you bring to our current staff team?: While I admittedly lack development experience, I'm certainly able to learn with time. I've worked as a community manager on other servers and can provide an unbiased and new perspective to the staff team.
If you could change one thing to Civwars, what would it be?: Initially, my mind immediately went to restoring the old map. However, after further consideration, I've realized that it's in the interests of the community, in particular the newer players, to keep the old map retired. I'd much rather see an increase of events and a larger staff presence in the documentation of history.
Anything else to add?: My discord is jetson#9263. Happy to provide any further information about myself or my resume.

FTen

-1 While I have concerns about Slim's activity and stability on a server. (As long as I've known him he's been quite on and off on terms of activity) and we do not need anymore non active staff I have no doubt if he does keep up with the stability and activity he will be a fantastic assets to CivWars as a whole especially when it comes to dealing with community related issues. I have found Slim to be passionate about the CivWars community throughout my tenure with him.

I think as a long standing member of the community as well as a deeply recognisable one Slim will add years of knowledge from what CivWars once was and help shape the future.

I have not recently seen him on the server and he's not active within the community. The staff might know who he is but the players might not. (Updated 4th of July.)

Last edited:

© 2021 - Civilization Wars LLC.

All Rights Reserved.