Introducing an exciting new program where players can directly contribute to CivWars!
We have 3 teams available for talented individuals to join, which are:
There is an additional Contributor tier which can still help out by pitching in old or new screenshots and videos.
- The Build Team: For the builders!
- The History Team: For history buffs with competency in the English language!
- The Media Team: Video editors, photo editors, or cameramen, your place is here!
We are excited to get some community members involved with projects that would benefit from manpower. The upcoming project will involve collaboration from each team, and will be great fun for all involved.
Hey! Video or photo editor? We want you! Apply now!
Discretion is required if you plan to be an applicant, as well as a professional attitude compatible with a team environment. Applying for multiple teams is permissible, and inter-team collaboration is planned.
Builder? Come show your skills in an application today!Players with active bans are prohibited from joining any team, but are welcome to come on as a contributor. Receiving punishment on the server or in Discord could precipitate termination from a team.
Know English? Come fill out an application for the History Team!Just a final reminder before you stop by, this is intended for serious individuals looking to meet team goals in a collaborative environment. Memes, banter, etc should be kept in the main Discord.
Thanks for reading, we hope to see your application soon!
Page 1 of 9
Views: 262Continue reading»
Created by danghannistan
The PvP UpdateGapple Changes:
- Sep 7, 2019
- God Apple resistance lowered from 8 minutes to 7 seconds (To prevent being a tank forever)
- God Apple absorption increased from 2 hearts to 6 hearts
- Regeneration 3 is still 30 seconds
- Strength Buffed by 70%
- PvP Knockback should match more with 1.8 PvP - not 100% perfect
- You can now Bow Boost and W-Tap
- Critical Damage reduced from 150% to 115%
- Durability damage inflicted reduced extensively
- Health Indicator added under Player Names
- Customized Death Messages (Works with custom sword names)
- /res set mode bigmap
- Warlogging Exemption: You are exempt from warlog punishment if the following conditions are met:
- Your nation and allied nations (excluding neutral nations), if applicable, are outnumbered by a ratio greater than or equal to 2:1, e.g. 1v2+, 2v4+, 3v6+, etc.
- Must not be outnumbered due to your nation members or allies logging out within 5 minutes of an enemy flag.
Status on Upcoming Updates:
The next update will contain a GUI rework of the crates to be much more visually appealing, as well as further changes to increase the aesthetics of gameplay.
We hoped to have a custom plugin we are getting developed deployed by now, but the developer possibly passed away.
Views: 268Continue reading»
Created by IHazCow
- Sep 2, 2019
God, what the fuck is wrong with me? Moose is on the staff team now? What has CivWars become?
Having Moose on the staff team means a few things;
1. The amount of time he dedicates to video games (Especially Minecraft) daily can be used for a positive impact on the community rather than him pissing off and pissing on nearly everything.
2. While he is an asshole, he is extremely dedicated to this community, and really does want to see it grow.
3. He has quite a bit of knowledge on keeping players interested as well as having new ones come in consistently.
So now I have Moose enslaved to CivWars forever, now what?
Moose's ultimate goal here is to connect what the server's community needs and wants and finding the best way to implement new things. Moose's access is extremely limited. He has no access to the live server, website, or PII (Personal Identifiable Information) of players. He can only play with the Dev server when he is doing work for the server.
In the past few weeks what has Moose been working on?
Moose has reworked the 1.8 PVP system on the server
Moose has re-worked a lot of the crates and crates rewards.
Moose has implemented a system in that you can invite friends to the server and receive rewards.
Moose plans to work with language files of Towny to make it more unique to Civ
Moose has created custom kill messages that will display in chat
Moose has implemented damage indicators.
All of this will be tested and implemented into the live server in the next update.
So what can DJ Froggy Fresh do for me?
Moose's ultimate goal here is to create that communication between the community and the server in its entirety. He will be receiving a small section on the forums that he can manage that is re-doing the suggestions system currently in-place. Does this mean that management is going to be less involved? No, this is a way for us to actually come up with ways for things that are suggested to be implemented. But also for the ideas that we do come up we are able to go to Moose and he will be able to gauge community reaction. In Moose's section on the forums he will be allowed to post polls and discussions.
Comments: 10 Views: 450Continue reading»
Created by danghannistan
- Aug 23, 2019
I am happy to announce that the wiki has been getting some love. See the changes in action here.
First and foremost, in the interest of user privacy & security, an account is now required to contribute.
Second, the CivWars logo is now on the wiki as the wordmark and favicon.
Third, I have cleaned up many pages/categories, and practically every page has been definitively categorized.
Lastly, a small change, the theme now has a bit of orange for the classic CivWars color scheme.
Go read some history!Views: 315Continue reading»
Created by IHazCow
- Aug 18, 2019
Civwars Youtuber Initiative Information:
We at Civwars are proud to announce a new way for players to earn cool rewards!! This project will help foster server growth and foster the communities channel growth on youtube. This project essentially boils down to getting you, the community, to record your own videos on Civwars, upload them, and get rewarded. Here's how it works.
Firstly you must follow the requirements listed below. Once you have recorded a video, uploaded it, and sent it to staff, they will calculate how many points you have earned and let you know. You can then spend your points earned to purchase the rewards listed below, and soon we will have a shop ingame for you creators to buy from. That's basically it, I hope to see some good content out there soon!!
In the title the words “ Towny War “ must be included together somewhere in the title.
- Correct Usage: Nexus (4) vs Legion (4) - Towny War Server
- Correct Usage: Vesoul (1) vs Montro (5) - Civwars Towny War Server
- Incorrect Usage: Towny Battle War!!
- Incorrect Usage: Nexus (4) vs Legion (4) - Towny Server with War
Correct Title Rewards: 10 Points
Adding “Civwars” or “Civilization Wars” Rewards: 5 Points
In the description the following must be pasted in, under whatever custom description you wish to write:
Player Versus Player
Correct Description Rewards: 10 Points
Videos of you hopping around spawn or doing nothing meaningful on the server will not be counted towards anything. Videos must be uploaded and sent to staff who will check it and grant you reward points to spend. Videos can only be redeemable after the date this is posted (aka videos uploaded before this date are not applicable).
1-3 Minutes: 10 Points
4-6 Minutes: 15 Points
7-10 Minutes: 20 Points
10+ Minutes: 25 Points
Capturing a PvP Battle (Outside of KoTHs) on footage: Bonus 20 Points
Capturing a Warflagging Raid on footage: Bonus 5 Points
10k - 30 Points
10 Rare Keys - 35 Points
8 God Apples - 60 Points
1 Epic Key - 75 Points
1 P4 Set + God Sword - 100 Points
1 Legendary Key - 200 Points
1 Trident - 500 Points
More Prizes being added soon - let us know what you want to seeComments: 6 Views: 495Continue reading»
Page 1 of 9