Time Paradox Event
CRACK, the screaming hiss echoed throughout the world. An almost unnatural sound almost as if the sky itself had been torn apart. The chat immediately went nuts, frenzied players asking what that sound was and where it came from, but no one had the answer. Many players boarded boats and mounted their horses, racing towards where they believed the mysterious sound came from. Days passed by without hearing the sound again, but the brave adventures still searched for what caused that heart racing screech. Finally, after days of searching, one lone adventure peered down into a valley filled with strange mist. Jutting out of the mist like cliffs out of the ocean were towers, almost as if there was a building, or castle down there. As the adventurer descended into the valley, he stumbled upon a gravel path marked with signs, stopping to look at one he read the words "Dreadfort". The adventurer pressed on along the path, not daring to stray from it until he came to a large signpost. On it was faint words describing how this castle had been fought over dozens of times, but remained intact. The adventurer didn't understand most of it, phrases like "Built by the Blood Cartel", or "Standing there as as strategic challenge to Nexusian outposts located nearby". He deduced that this ancient building must be from prehistoric times, and wondered how it had stayed hidden for this long. Curious, he creeped forward, coming up to a massive iron-wrought gate. As he approached the gate looking for a way in he heard a massive THUD behind and twirled around. Standing there behind him was a 7 foot rodent, perched on its two massive hind legs and wielding a cutlass easily twice the size of a normal sword. The adventurer screamed and turned to run, only to fall against the castle walls that seemed to emerge out the fog from nowhere. He begged and pleaded with the massive rat, asking him to spare his life. The rodents jaws opened up as it approached the adventurer and out bellowed out a sentence "You shouldn't have come here CactusKing" before lifting his cutlass and sending the poor soul straight to hell as he admitted one final scream.
Before the adventurer was slain by the rodent of Dreadfort, he had managed to launch a cry for help in the chat. It is now up to you to find the Dreadfort, Kill the resident rodents, and claim the vast treasures inside the castle.
Bring your gear, Bring your armies, none will enter the Dreadfort.
Good Evening CivWars Community, I am proud to announce a brand new event coming soon.
The Time Paradox event will hopefully be a common event on the server that will help incorporate the old history of the server into the new map and new players. These events will transport well known locations from the original map into the current one and have players conquer or achieve control over the location as their own. There will be prizes located inside and is well worth for you to try and take. Here's how it'll work
The Staff team (Admins+) will be defending the location from player flags for 3 hours. If players can successfully flag and annex the event town into their nation before the time is up, than victory is theirs. If they fail, the defending team will emerge victorious and get the town in their nation.
This event is neutral friendly, neutrals will be placed on the side of the Staff Team to help defend the location for themselves. All other players must declare war and march their forces straight to the home block.
There will be loot located within the event town claims, meaning you will be rewarded for using the gear and effort to seize these prehistoric locations.
The Dreadfort Time Paradox Event will be: 6/29/19 @ 3PM PST (6PM EST)
I hope you guys enjoy this event and look forward to more of them in the future.
Page 2 of 8
Comments: 6 Views: 575Continue reading»
Created by IHazCow
- Jun 2, 2019
- Fixed the SSL on the entire site, now everything is secure.
- Added the search function back
- Made it have the fancy Favicon:
- Attached the PNG below for anybody that wants the proper CW logo
- Fixed the issue causing server stutters. Wont get into detail on what changed, but this will help greatly.
- Added a fix for the unclaim while being attacked thing. If the town is under attack, nothing can be unclaimed. In reference to #ticket-95
- Made it a lot more friendly towards not kicking everyone for every little issue.
- Made it also a lot easier to tweak problems.
- Looking into a better AC.
Comments: 2 Views: 648Continue reading»
- New order:
Created by IHazCow
- May 29, 2019
- Nation Capital Immunity is longer a thing. All towns in a nation can be attacked equally. If a nation capital is taken, then the next best town will become the capital.
- Starting Balance for every player is now $10, which allows an /RTP out of spawn
- The way things are processed is a little different. Hopefully should be less intrusive and more informational allowing staff to act accordingly.
- Added two new KoTH maps on a schedule at 14:00 and 17:00 daily.
- Within the next few hours we will be switching to free hosting provided by a friend of mine who owns an ISP in the US. We are moving to his private cabinet in the PhoenixNAP datacenter. We have the best available server processors for Minecraft for our own private box + 32GB of DDR4 + over a TB of NVME SSDs (Better than regular SSDs) available for the civwars server. Migration will occur sometime in the dead of night when population is low, expect downtime.
- Replaced with a better solution that wont break our MySQL Daily. The replacement is made by a dev who actually likes our server and used to work on StackMob until she realized StackMob is owned and mostly coded by what seems to be a monkey dumber than my teacup chihuahua. Any sort of issues with it should be reported and will be custom fixed and tailored to our liking.
- Maybe it will behave better. No promises. Will continue to work with it.
- Draliri promoted -> Sr. Mod
- Dr. Chocolate added as a Mod.
- NoobLord16 added as a Mod.
- FlagCourier added back as a System Administrator.
- Kicked @Eyefull for 5 mins due to him not letting me write changelogs and his constant inquiries of Trump and the political climate of Zimbabwe
All of this will be active on next restartViews: 704Continue reading»
Created by danghannistan
- May 27, 2019
Build a brewery themed building (bar, tavern, brewhouse, winery, etc) and WIN BIG!
1st Prize: Make your own custom brew! + 50 roulette keys.Rules:
2nd Prize: 25 roulette keys
3rd Prize: 10 roulette keys
One entry per town.
Must be built on the server.
Make a post in this thread with your town's entry, include a screenshot and specify if it's built in a different location than your /t spawn (e.g. outpost 1, outpost 2).
Contest ends Saturday, June 29th. All entries must be submitted by Friday, June 28th 11:59PM PST.
Comments: 8 Views: 654Continue reading»
Created by IHazCow
(Added) 2 Vote Sites
- May 15, 2019
- Click HERE to see or type /vote in game
- Villagers should no longer stack
- All other mobs were tested and work amazingly well and this reduces lag enormously.
- Players can now kill your horse.
- Regen II -> Regen IV
- Absorption 6 hearts -> 2 hearts
- Mods + SrMods now have access to:
- /warns (themselves and others)
- temporary /mute (will need to specify time Ex. 10m)
- /chat clear
- /chat toggle
- /chat slow
- Mention alerts
- Namechange alerts
- And a few other tricks up their sleeves
- SrMods also gain:
- /tempban (Max 1 day)
Rank giveaway at 600 members in discord.
_Razgriz_ is hosting a top inviter giveaway for the server. See #bulletin in the discord for info.Views: 637Continue reading»
Page 2 of 8