1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acid_Monkey Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Acid Monkey, May 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acid Monkey

Acid Monkey
    Expand Collapse
    Donator

- In Game Name: Acid_Monkey

- Can you fluently speak English?: Yes

- Other languages fluently spoken (If any): None

- Time Zone: EST

- How long have you been playing Minecraft?: about 7 years

- Have you ever been staff on any other servers?: no

- Why you want to be staff?: I have been playing CivWars since early 2016, and it has been by far the most fun experience I’ve had in this game. From big wars to large building projects I have devoted a large amount of my time to the server. I would like to offer my service to keep civ fun and fair for the foreseeable future.

- What can you bring to the Civilization Wars staff team?: a fair and mature moderator, who is familiar with the community and many of the major players on the server. I can be active at the very least once a day, typically from 9pm to 2am est and occasionally during the afternoon.

- What is your Discord?: Acid_Monkey#0897

Draliri, Red and NoobLord16 like this.
  2. TheFreshLemon

TheFreshLemon
    Expand Collapse

sigh. Idk man seems like you'd be bias towards Drastia.

MooseBobby likes this.
  3. MooseBobby

MooseBobby
    Expand Collapse
    Founder of Nexus (RIP)
    Donator

Agreed

4. Acid Monkey

Acid Monkey
    Expand Collapse
    Donator

I could see why bias is a concern, but that worry is going to be present in any staff applicant. Everyone has their own town and bias will always be a concern. However my loyalties lie to friends more than a town. Yes I’m close with red but I’m also close with people like chocco and diamonds, and I would treat each one of them equally just as I would with the general populace of the server. My decisions as a potential staff member would be to further the well-being of the server as a whole, not serve the needs of a select few.

5. Red

Red
    Expand Collapse
    CivWar's #1 Pvper
    Donator

I was debating whether or not posting on this staff application, because I know that anything I could say here could easily be dismissed as bias. I will do my best to view this thread from a completely unbiased view.

From the time I've known Acid, which has spanned several years, but I have gotten much closer to him in the last year, he has always been mature, friendly, and easy to joke around with. He doesn't take everything up the rear, but he also knows where to draw the line. He's friendly with the community as a whole, even Lemon, which just baffles me. He is always approachable, available, and easy to talk to, and he knows when to be mature and when not to. I feel like I can always talk to him, and that's the way it's always been, even when I was 14 and his name was "Mollyfarrel".

As for bias, we forget he was in Nexus for much longer than he's been in Drastia. He also has no problem voicing his problems with the members of Drastia, of which I will not name names. Furthermore, I've put him in charge of foreign relations because I know he won't let his personal relationships with certain somebodies (cough moose cough), affect his dealings with those nations and those people. He's always proven himself able to work past differences he has had with people, and work on the job at hand.

I've also always found him to be dedicated. One could say that I give him a lot more to do than anyone else in my nation, and that's simply because he gets it done more than anyone else. I might step on a few toes here, but Acid is one of the most if not the most hard-working members in the nation, and that I've ever met (Sorry Vali).

+1

Acid Monkey likes this.
  6. TheFreshLemon

TheFreshLemon
    Expand Collapse

Wow changed my mind about you Acid (again) recently I was meh and if Red's suggestion comes into play, I don't see how you could be bias towards Drastia. Even after Acid "left" Nexus he was still loyal to his friends and didn't leak any info to me for war and I respect that, he also eventually told me Trueblue315 was an alt and the best insider. +1

Red and Acid Monkey like this.
  7. MooseBobby

MooseBobby
    Expand Collapse
    Founder of Nexus (RIP)
    Donator

I hope I'm not overstepping my boundaries with this, but I remember when I was staff and the #1 reason that you were denied last time to make it onto the staff team was the fear that you would have an extreme bias towards Drastia. I also know that you claim that you would not have one, but it can clearly be seen that most everything that you do and say is in the interest of Drastia. You refrained from replying to my report on Redtilldead, even though you were not only there for his rule-breaking, but you even denounced it several times in private chat. The reason you didn't reply is because you want to stay in good favor with Redtilldead, your long time friend and ally, and you want to stay a part of Drastia. Even if you don't see a bias, I do and I know many others do as well, and I think I would need to see a definite difference in the way that you carry yourself in regard to affairs surrounding Drastia in order to completely support you as staff.

8. DemonofRazgriz

DemonofRazgriz
    Expand Collapse
    Mayor Of Cascata
    Donator

So both red and moose have brought up good points, and for me having both had good and bad interactions with acid over the past year or two he is mainly a mature, well handled person when it comes to civ and what he does, the only times I thinks it's gotten bad is when he jumps onto a bandwagon but that pretty much being it, in regards to any bias I feel and see no need for a concern about it as he as red said is in charge of drastias foreign relations stuff, so it can be applied in a sense between player and staff along the same line. So going through a checklist:
    Maturity:✅
    Unbiased:✅
    Professionalism:✅
    Staff material:✅
    Is an animal:✅
    My +1: ✅

9. Draliri

Draliri
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Moderator

A good lad with lots of potential +1

10. ImFineTy

ImFineTy
    Expand Collapse

+1
    Lots of Potential

11. Breeze

Breeze
    Expand Collapse
    Donator

It's acid, what is there not to like.

+10

Acid Monkey likes this.
  12. Cody

Cody
    Expand Collapse
    Ex Nexuian, Hoping for server revival.
    Donator

chill dude
    +1

Acid Monkey likes this.
  13. SigmaFlash

SigmaFlash
    Expand Collapse
    Primarch of Nexus
    Donator

Great guy even though we might not be on great terms. +1

Acid Monkey likes this.
  14. Brawdy

Brawdy
    Expand Collapse
    Allowed to Shitpost- Derp Daddy

You have a retard bell for me.

Other than that you’re one of the only people on the server I’d be comfortable with having staff. Just don’t be biased towards the Neutraltards

TheFreshLemon likes this.
  15. Red

Red
    Expand Collapse
    CivWar's #1 Pvper
    Donator

Acid isn't neutral.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.