1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banned for a valid raid

Discussion in 'Denied Appeals' started by _CC_, Jul 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _CC_

_CC_
    Expand Collapse

• In-game name: _CC_
    • Ban/Mute length: 6 days
    • Why were you banned/muted?: For raiding a "nuetral base or player"
    • Why should we unban/unmute you?:
      I was banned for "raiding a neutral base" when the base was out in the open, could see chests, and was done entirely legally with the simplest cannon anyone could make from 30 blocks away. The player threw a fit because he was upset about his things being taken. He was told and so what I that it was a valid raid because his chests were able to be seen and it was not done for the purpose of "griefing" I specifically made sure this was the rule before I raided the base as I did not want to receive a ban from him throwing a fit which is exactly what happened. After the raid he was told in global chat that it was a valid raid by multiple staff members and I got off for the night. The next day I raided a different base whos chests were literally sitting out in the open using the same method and following the rules stated. So if you want to stop raids on ALL neutral players and bases, then change the rules. You cant make bans when the player didnt break any rules. Like I said I specifically looked into it before hand so this wouldnt happen and here we are. I ran a server back in 2011-16 and it was very similar to this so I know how things go. Players are going to get upset about raids so make the rules clear. Either you can raid a base when you see their chests out in the open or you cannot. The fact that they are neutral or not only states that you cant go to war with them. So in short, id strongly recommend making the rule clear so this doesnt happen in the future and unbanning me as I specifically raided these bases following all rules read and stated to me before hand by a staffmember.

Server rule 2 from forums: "However, it is more than welcome to raid and loot towns, as well as use weapons such as TNT. Just make sure they serve a purpose and offer a direct, immediate military advantage in the context of that battle (E.g. Creating a TNT cannon to target chests and gain loot, or using a TNT cannon to get through walls)."

Boywolfpup likes this.
  2. danghannistan

danghannistan
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Community Manager

Read the rules in full.

Denied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.