1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brawdy’s staff application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Brawdy, Jul 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brawdy

Brawdy
    Expand Collapse
    Allowed to Shitpost- Derp Daddy

In Game Name: SquidKiller2222

- Can you fluently speak English?: yes

- Other languages fluently spoken (If any):
    No
    - Time Zone:
    Us Central

- How long have you been playing Minecraft?: Roughly 7 years

- Have you ever been staff on any other servers?: Yes I both owned and co owned a towny wars server called Zonicwars, and was a moderator on a towny wars server that was owned by invaderXyz that I can’t remember the name of.

- Why you want to be staff?:
    Civwars needs to have a new generation of players as staff. Not the ones who have been playing for the best 4 years and pretend they have power and demand respect(Moose, Red, etc.) Newer players who are enthusiastic and want the server to succeed to to hop onto the rains and make the server a better place. I’d like to add on that, while I’ve been known to be a shitter and not serious, I am and have proven myself many times to be able to behave seriously and with respect.
    - What can you bring to the Civilization Wars staff team?:
    A fresh insight from a different demographic of player. Not the war happy player or og veteran, but someone who has casually played the server. Civwars needs newer people to help bring it to greatness. Derp taking control with his new staff team was a part of what the server needed (Adding in fresh eyes and new ideas) and now it needs the new generation of Civwars players to add onto this.
    - What is your Discord?:
    MadLad#5213

Acid Monkey likes this.
  2. IHazCow

IHazCow
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Owner of Civilization Wars

What do you want to see CivWars become?

What sort of ideas do you have?

3. Brawdy

Brawdy
    Expand Collapse

I want to see Civwars become what it was near the end of its life. After people who played solely for warring and PvP left, it became a resurgence of players on the server (which is where the “God emperor” joke comes from) and during the era of Civwars it was ultimately an amazing time. Wars had meaning (Look at the wars of the United Provinces vs GVI and Luna or the United Provinces civil war) and the diplomacy on the server had backing and meaning from the players. This is when I played religiously and this is what I think Civwars should ultimately become again.

My ideas (While I’ll be called “mad cos bad” and such) are 1. Change the Gapple meta on the server since it really isn’t the most pleasant thing when you’re not the best pvper and to not be able to fight someone because they have a stack of gapples. 2. Is too make it so that when nations sign a pact, truce, or any diplomatic treaty it has to be upheld by both parties. 3. Is too try to make it so powerhouses like Nexus are harder to form. Like monopolies they have to much control and I think a cap on how many towns a nation can have, or splitting up nations when they become to big is a good step in the right direction.

4. IHazCow

IHazCow
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Owner of Civilization Wars

I agree it should be change. However. chanting change doesn't actually solve something.

I am more than willing to make change, but what exactly needs to be changed or stay the same. Balancing a gamemode like this isn't an easy task.

Upheld in what way? Administrative action?

Im lost on this one, sorry. I dont think forcefully splitting up big groups of people will go well in any sort of way. I think it would end as catastrophe.

5. Sparkledog

Sparkledog
    Expand Collapse
    Officer of The Grand Cross (II), Nexus PR

-1 transphobe
    hail nexus

6. Brawdy

Brawdy
    Expand Collapse

@IHazCow Number 1 is something I’m not 100% sure on how to fix since almost every change you’d make to it would be met with complaint. I think it’d have to be solved by the community responding (and not spamming and chanting) on what specific changes (with how much resistance, potion effects, and hearts it gives you).
    Number 2 is something that I have tried on my old server Zonicwars, and on Zonicwars it was against the rules for any diplomatic agreement between two towns/nations to be broken or dishonored. It worked out, and while the people who played Zonicwars were not the same demographic that play on here, I don’t see that it wouldn’t be a good attempt to make the server a better place.
    Number 3 is something that’d I’d have to agree to disagree on. I don’t think having large superpowers composed of 20+ towns is a good idea in any sense, but that’s something that I assumed I’d get pushed back on and respect that you and others may not agree with that point.

7. Brawdy

Brawdy
    Expand Collapse

I apologized and the comments I had made too you were unwarranted.

8. Red

Red
    Expand Collapse
    CivWar's #1 Pvper
    Donator

Shitposts all the time, but whenever you see a staff member come along you act as if you've done nothing.
    I've enjoyed talking to you in VC, but I have never seen you be mature or even act as if you want to be staff.
    I think even just examining your posts from the last month on the forums provides enough of an answer on whether or not you would make for good staff.
    Good luck.

9. Brawdy

Brawdy
    Expand Collapse

I don’t see the shitposting as something to be ashamed of. As a staff member I know I’d have to ship up and not shitpost/ be stupid in the discord. I’ve kept the discord and forums relatively active with the shitposting and as Acid has put it “they are always mildly entertaining”
    While I see that the shitposting could be of concern I’ll let it be known that as a staff member it won’t be happening, and I’ll change any posts to equally entertaining productive posts.

10. Breeze

Breeze
    Expand Collapse
    Donator

You forgot the ./s

11. danghannistan

danghannistan
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Community Manager

What a meme

Denied

Thread Status: