1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bring back Civwars Style PvP - Not this shit gapple meta

Discussion in 'Suggestions Archive' started by MooseBobby, Jul 8, 2019.

1. MooseBobby

MooseBobby
    Expand Collapse
    Leader of Nexus
    Donator

What do you want to happen: Idk what you did to mess up the classic civwars damage, whether you nerfed strength or just damage output. But I want it to go back to the way it was before you removed shields. (The civwars pvp we’ve always had and makes the server)

Why should it happen: Because the current gapple meta is cancer and only results in all our armor being broken before dying since we can now live without everything except chestplate on gapple. (See reds 8v1). This makes numbers even more overpowered in fights and doesn’t really allow for people to win if they don’t have numbers (legion). Quickdropping people is impossible as even without gapples you only take half a heart-a heart perhit and pots save you. With gapples, you won’t die until all your armor is broken. It’s kind of absurd. This means there can be no chance for people to win based on skill, just numbers. And while before it was a numbers game also, quickdropping people and turning the tide was extremely possible.

What will this bring to the server: our loved and classic pvp system.

Who is it for: everyone especially legion.

Red, Oshuj_E, jbean45 and 4 others like this.
  2. Randall0208

Randall0208
    Expand Collapse

I agree, the direction the server is moving into is people bringing more and more gapples and bringing multiple sets for when their other sets break which is just aids, even though gapples are nerfed you can survive off of them. It doesn't matter how shit you are if you eat a gapple you can survive.

Dr_Chocolate, jbean45 and MooseBobby like this.
  3. jbean45

jbean45
    Expand Collapse

+1 I agree with moose skill should be the determining factor in a battle. Not shear numbers. It also prevents new players from getting good at pvp. I know some people might like the closing of the skill gap. But better trained and better skilled army’s are the deserving winner. They put a bigger effort In to pvp. Compared to a swarm of newbs with gapples.

Dr_Chocolate likes this.
  4. TheFreshLemon

TheFreshLemon
    Expand Collapse

I'll do you one better..

Go back to 1.7.10 or 1.8.9 <o/

For all this we could've waited for , 1.14 at least we would have BADLION CLIENT, but nooo. Now we're stuck with 1.13.2 where derp decides to fucking nerf or disable every feature.

#4 TheFreshLemon, Jul 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    jbean45 likes this.
  5. Pudmuffers

Pudmuffers
    Expand Collapse
    The King of Egirls

+4

jbean45 likes this.
  6. MooseBobby

MooseBobby
    Expand Collapse
    Leader of Nexus
    Donator

Bump to get past all the shit posting because this is serious and needs to be fixed unlike people whining about censorship.

7. IHazCow

IHazCow
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Owner of Civilization Wars

Then let's talk specifics. Opening this up to people to discuss

Gapples need to be changed, got it. But what exactly are you referring to? We have control of each effect, it's potency, and it's time.

What needs to be changed?

Armor issues: we have control of durability and crafting. How much of a durability change are we talking?

Let's get specific.

8. jbean45

jbean45
    Expand Collapse

Did you take my advice or you just like this idea

9. IHazCow

IHazCow
    Expand Collapse

I know PVP is scuffed, but as somebody who doesn't pvp PVP a whole lot anymore it's hard for me to balance it, so therefore I open it up for community based decisions

10. MooseBobby

MooseBobby
    Expand Collapse
    Leader of Nexus
    Donator

I want the pvp like it was earlier this map, meaning revert the changes you made to damage and gapples to the update before shields were removed (i think thats when it broke). You can see how it works in this video:
    Idk how much you have changed it but normally the gapple is Regen 3 for 30 seconds, resistance and aborpsion 1 for 1:30 and fire res for 8 minutes. Additionally strength needs to be reverted to the "pre-1.8" setting in oldcombatmechanics, if i remember correctly, its near the bottom underneath the tool damage revert.

As for armor durability, its fine as it is now, I like it breaking fast idk about everyone else.

11. IHazCow

IHazCow
    Expand Collapse

I personally prefer the armor breaking faster, that's how I have always known PVP to be.

As for the rest, when I get to my hotel tonight in Sacramento I can take a look and see what we can change.

12. IHazCow

IHazCow
    Expand Collapse

I personally prefer the armor breaking faster, that's how I have always known PVP to be.

As for the rest, when I get to my hotel tonight in Sacramento I can take a look and see what we can change.

13. jbean45

jbean45
    Expand Collapse

Ok ,but did you see my advice I posted in reds appeal.

14. IHazCow

IHazCow
    Expand Collapse

Don't derail. This thread isn't about that.

15. jbean45

jbean45
    Expand Collapse

16. TheFreshLemon

TheFreshLemon
    Expand Collapse

Armour breaking fast sucks and currently if you God apple you take no damage so you don't need to pot until your armour breaks.