1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chocolate's Staff App

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Dr_Chocolate, Aug 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr_Chocolate

Dr_Chocolate
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Moderator

- In Game Name: Dr_Chocolate

- Can you fluently speak English?: Yes

- Other languages fluently spoken (If any): I can speak a bit of Spanish and am fluent in another language that probably won't ever be useful on an American Minecraft server lol.

- Time Zone: US EST

- How long have you been playing Minecraft?: It's been a while. I got it almost 7 years ago now. Back when I believe it was the official release of Minecraft or something close to that.

- Have you ever been staff on any other servers?: I have been. None of them have gone on to remain successful but that's not really the point. Several years ago, I also co-owned a server, it stayed up for a little while then failed. So yeah, I have the prior experience.

- Why you want to be staff?: I have put countless hours into this server. I saw it die under coolsurdy. I don't want that to happen again. That's going to require the staff to step in and tone down the toxicity a little bit so we don't scare off the new players. Yeah, I'll admit I'm toxic on Civ as a player, but that can all go away when I am representing something much more than myself. As most of the staff is on Pacific time, I can get on in those early morning hours to cover when you guys are asleep. I just want to see the server thrive once again, and I want to be a part of helping it achieve that.

- What can you bring to the Civilization Wars staff team?: I would bring a level of neutrality that's un-paralleled. Because of my previous experience, I have learned and it's become easy, to separate friends from work. I can make those tough decisions without the fear of ruining a friendship because I know how to differentiate the two. This would all help in preventing the staff bias that was present under the previous administration. Also with my time zone, like I stated before, I would help keep the server under control in those odd hours for the Pacific time zone staff team.

- What is your Discord?: Dr_Chocolate#3487

One last thing, I'm not gonna kiss your ass if you pick me. If you want a yes-man, I'm not your guy. I'm going to challenge you and make sure you guys are putting the best effort you can into this server. If I don't agree with a decision, I'm going to let you know. I won't ever undermine you, but I will never always support you. I just want you all to know that before you make your decision on me.

Pelleaon, Cody, talltitanicc and 2 others like this.
  2. talltitanicc

talltitanicc
    Expand Collapse

I hope you get accepted Choco, your app looks very good.

Pelleaon, MooseBobby and Dr_Chocolate like this.
  3. Cody

Cody
    Expand Collapse
    Ex Nexuian, Hoping for server revival.
    Donator

+1 App is very well written and to the point. Hope you get what you want!

Dr_Chocolate likes this.
  4. Flaze

Flaze
    Expand Collapse

Please no

5. Dr_Chocolate

Dr_Chocolate
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Moderator

I retract this application. I do not wish to be associated with the current administration.

MooseBobby likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.