1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CivHub!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheFreshLemon, Jul 23, 2019.

?

CivHub 2020?

1. Hell yes!

2. No, I'm a loser

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TheFreshLemon

TheFreshLemon
    Expand Collapse

I would like CivHub to be created. What is CivHub you may ask? CivHub would be multiple towny/pvp based servers in one Lobby/Network. We keep the Original towny wars (CivWars) and add other versions of towny. Like Craft Galaxy, MiddleMist, KitMap for 1.13.2 with 1.8pvp and a 1.9 pot PvP server.

Why should this happen? Well, first of all, it would bring multiple player bases and community's together to try new things. CivWars and Craft Galaxy already have good player base's and are growing daily already mixing the two communities and having MiddleMist would be good as it's a known name to the community as are the owners and even some members there. It will already be a unique towny server that people would try as it's new and the best thing about this is if they don't like one server they can easily move on to another. Adding CraftGalaxy to CivHub would bring the Earth community which is a huge community and most are looking for new servers or willing to try new ones. We would also get YouTubers to stream and record even to help the server grow! PotPvP and KitMap will ultimately help the server in many ways as people are trying to play newer versions of Minecraft. There aren't many 1.13.2 with 1.8pvp servers and having a Kit map/practice would be great and bring newer pvpers on the different servers, but also into the community. Currently (as I know of) the only 1.9 PotPvP server out there is Loka and even there you may not be guaranteed a duel or find anyone in PG which is why adding a PotPvP server for our 1.9 combat friends would be great and add another place for them to practice.

Who is this for? The community, to create something new, and to help feed our development team!!

Well, we need the servers to be on board (MiddleMist and Craft Galaxy) or to even BUY @relaxer @Derp Craft Galaxy from Half!

#CivHub2020

Idea creators: Moosebobby and TheFreshLemon

Boywolfpup and MooseBobby like this.
  2. Acid Monkey

Acid Monkey
    Expand Collapse
    Donator

You went from “MiddleMist is going to be shit” to wanting to bring it under the same network as civ pretty quickly.

3. BobbyRavioli

BobbyRavioli
    Expand Collapse

4. Grant

Grant
    Expand Collapse

I feel like this would just fragment the community. 15 players on one server is better than 5 players on 3 servers, imo.

5. TheFreshLemon

TheFreshLemon
    Expand Collapse

Bro CG has 30+ players and know and even play Civ. The fact we have these 3 servers already is fracturing and Nexus is banned so that's divided enough

6. Red

Red
    Expand Collapse
    CivWar's #1 Pvper
    Donator

I'm interested in the idea, although Derp wouldnt work with someone with "severe issues".

jbean45, Boywolfpup and TheFreshLemon like this.
  7. IHazCow

IHazCow
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Owner of Civilization Wars

Except they are different servers. CG is interesting but its obviously an earth server. Also, their war mechanics are vastly different.
    Also, there is probably no way he is going to collaborate especially when he comes on to your server, attempted to advertise, and then tried to steal content.

Middlemist doesn't even exist yet and they solely consist of Nexus. Which obviously isn't the first time they've created a server.

I think we could certainly add new and different things such a practice PVP and various other things, but creating a hub server is just not a good plan for us in this stage.

This.

Your threads speak for themselves.

jbean45 and Boywolfpup like this.
  8. danghannistan

danghannistan
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Community Manager

Why did you think anyone would go for this?

jbean45 likes this.
  9. Red

Red
    Expand Collapse
    CivWar's #1 Pvper
    Donator

Doesnt exist yet
    Solely consists of Nexus

Pick one.

10. Acid Monkey

Acid Monkey
    Expand Collapse
    Donator

Every single thread I’ve ever seen from Red is pretty logical. More than half the people in our discord for middlemist are non nexus. I am also a staff member for the server. Should go without saying but I wouldn’t identify myself as being a member of Nexus.

TheFreshLemon likes this.
  11. TheFreshLemon

TheFreshLemon
    Expand Collapse

Uhh

12. MLG_Twinky

MLG_Twinky
    Expand Collapse

Middlemist doesn't consist of solely Nexus. -snip-

#12 MLG_Twinky, Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2019