1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civwars Youtuber Initiative

Discussion in 'Server Announcements' started by IHazCow, Aug 18, 2019.

1. IHazCow

IHazCow
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Owner of Civilization Wars

Civwars Youtuber Initiative Information:
    We at Civwars are proud to announce a new way for players to earn cool rewards!! This project will help foster server growth and foster the communities channel growth on youtube. This project essentially boils down to getting you, the community, to record your own videos on Civwars, upload them, and get rewarded. Here's how it works.

Firstly you must follow the requirements listed below. Once you have recorded a video, uploaded it, and sent it to staff, they will calculate how many points you have earned and let you know. You can then spend your points earned to purchase the rewards listed below, and soon we will have a shop ingame for you creators to buy from. That's basically it, I hope to see some good content out there soon!!

Requirements:

Title:
    In the title the words “ Towny War “ must be included together somewhere in the title.
    • Correct Usage: Nexus (4) vs Legion (4) - Towny War Server
    • Correct Usage: Vesoul (1) vs Montro (5) - Civwars Towny War Server
    • Incorrect Usage: Towny Battle War!!
    • Incorrect Usage: Nexus (4) vs Legion (4) - Towny Server with War
    Additionally including the Word(s) “Civwars” or “Civilization Wars” will grant you bonus points.

Correct Title Rewards: 10 Points
    Adding “Civwars” or “Civilization Wars” Rewards: 5 Points

Description:
    In the description the following must be pasted in, under whatever custom description you wish to write:

IP: play.civwars.net
    Version: 1.13.2

Video Tags:
    Towny War
    Towny Wars
    TownyWar
    TownyWars
    CivWars
    CivilizationWars
    Civilization Wars
    Civ Wars
    Minecraft 1.13.2
    Minecraft 1.14.3
    Minecraft 1.14.4
    Minecraft 1.12.2
    Minecraft 1.7.10
    Minecraft 1.8.9
    Minecraft 1.15
    Minecraft
    Player Versus Player
    PvP
    Raiding
    Factions
    FactionWar
    FactionWars
    Faction War
    Faction Wars
    War
    Minecraft War
    Civilization Building
    Civilization Builders
    Custom Plugins
    Custom Events

Correct Description Rewards: 10 Points

Length:
    Videos of you hopping around spawn or doing nothing meaningful on the server will not be counted towards anything. Videos must be uploaded and sent to staff who will check it and grant you reward points to spend. Videos can only be redeemable after the date this is posted (aka videos uploaded before this date are not applicable).

1-3 Minutes: 10 Points
    4-6 Minutes: 15 Points
    7-10 Minutes: 20 Points
    10+ Minutes: 25 Points

Capturing a PvP Battle (Outside of KoTHs) on footage: Bonus 20 Points
    Capturing a Warflagging Raid on footage: Bonus 5 Points

Rewards:
    10k - 30 Points
    10 Rare Keys - 35 Points
    8 God Apples - 60 Points
    1 Epic Key - 75 Points
    1 P4 Set + God Sword - 100 Points
    1 Legendary Key - 200 Points
    1 Trident - 500 Points
    More Prizes being added soon - let us know what you want to see

#1 IHazCow, Aug 18, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    MooseBobby likes this.
  2. DemonofRazgriz

DemonofRazgriz
    Expand Collapse
    Mayor Of Cascata
    Donator

Saying this based on history and what I've recently seen and heard, from an old player and from a person who used to create, this is a decent idea but sadly it seems the server is dying again, also that's what I've heard from people that still semi play, what I think would be good would be an initiative to expand the player base again, something to draw people back, after all minecraft has had its resurgence and could bring alot of potential to such an old server and frankly youtubers barely help as demonstrated in the past, I feel a spread of word by mouth or sharing and talking about it to other communities would be a great way to actually grow.

Boywolfpup and Bleeep like this.
  3. Brawdy

Brawdy
    Expand Collapse
    Allowed to Shitpost- Derp Daddy

Quite honestly I think most of us old players (Minecraft wise. I know I’m not a veteran) are starting to fade away from Minecraft. I honestly believe that you have to steer Civwars to be catered towards newer players and advertise to attract newer players, have a events to get newer players etc. I think anyone saying to focus on getting older players back and such are thinking to much on the “glory days of Civwars” that won’t be coming back for them. You have to focus on getting new players to have there own glory days on here, not try to get older players to re experience it. Hell, I wish I could re live the glory days of being a nuisance everywhere and fighting wars with friends and foreign powers at my side, but I’ve grown out of it now, and I’m sure a lot of others have too. Now I’ll get off my soap box with this... make sure you don’t focus too much on veterans man.

Boywolfpup likes this.
  4. Cody

Cody
    Expand Collapse
    Part of the elite nexus retard squad
    Donator

I like this idea, as long as this doesn't turn the playerbase into 5 year olds lol

5. NBonaparte_BG

NBonaparte_BG
    Expand Collapse
    Chef d'État deFrance
    Donator

epic gamer moment

but I do disagree with the title requirements.

People don't know what is Civwars when they are searching up towny servers, they put in the keyword "Towny" instead of "Civilization Wars" btw having us just to post battle videos is literally limiting the content available to militants like nexus gamers. Even I go up browsing in youtube hoping for just normal gameplay contents on civwars than those battles.

I'd love to do yt videos on this server and advertise it across communities, but I wish I don't get limited to the content I get to post. Thank you.

#5 NBonaparte_BG, Sep 15, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    Boywolfpup likes this.
  6. danghannistan

danghannistan
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Community Manager

You aren't limited to just battles. Battles are usually more exciting, however, and thus bonus points are awarded to incentivize posting them.

Also, there aren't always battles to record, so really no one is being favored here, lol.

7. Boywolfpup

Boywolfpup
    Expand Collapse

hMMMM