1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does the Server Listen to The Community?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brawdy, Mar 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brawdy

Brawdy
    Expand Collapse
    Allowed to Shitpost- Derp Daddy

I want to see what has to be said.

2. Boywolfpup

Boywolfpup
    Expand Collapse

Added my vote, seems like I'm in the majority! :)

MooseBobby likes this.
  3. IHazCow

IHazCow
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Owner of Civilization Wars

Yes, we have many forms of getting in contact with our staff team!
    This is one of the less popular forms of interacting with the server, however the forums are still highly encouraged!

Also having our discord PMs and tickets open for nearly anybody to contact our staff team at any time.
    https://discord.gg/W9SF6pJ

To say we dont listen is a little bit silly?

Dr_Chocolate and Dreadmore like this.
  4. Brawdy

Brawdy
    Expand Collapse

Yah know, I really respect the cordial response Derp. I had just heard a lot recently that you guys weren’t listening to anyone’s ideas, and I wanted to make a poll to get an idea on how popular the sentiment was.

Also, I cannot access the discord to make a ticket lmfao.

Boywolfpup, IHazCow and Dreadmore like this.
  5. IHazCow

IHazCow
    Expand Collapse

With us expanding our staff team and having much more open discussions with our future plans, its little sad to hear you think we are not being open.

I think with how things are being re-structured and how the server in its entirety is being evaluated down to every excruciating detail by our development and management team, with frequent input front moderators and PR, we really are actively trying to get out of the slump the server is in.
    Not to mention we are still actively expanding these teams too!

The near future looks promising as I am excited to continue to work with people who really do want Civ to succeed.

Dr_Chocolate and Dreadmore like this.
  6. Brawdy

Brawdy
    Expand Collapse

So what I am hearing is, you need an incredibly smart 200IQ chad Minecrafter on the staff team?

All jokes aside though, thank you for the response and I hope to be hearing more about the server!

IHazCow, MooseBobby and Dreadmore like this.
  7. MooseBobby

MooseBobby
    Expand Collapse
    Founder of Nexus (RIP)
    Donator

you are an incredibly smart 200IQ chad minecrafter is what im hearing

8. Dreadmore

Dreadmore
    Expand Collapse
    Developer Senior Adminstrator

Good Evening / Morning,

I just wanted to add that we pretty much revolve around player input. Managment and the development team only can come up with so much. We seek input in almost every way.

Development and Managment do not play the server so we look for things that can make your experience more enjoyable. We always need help balancing gameplay, introducing new features, planning events, or just your opinion on what you enjoy or don't enjoy about your gameplay experience.

We have added a lot of player requested features in the past. Things like Brewery, Towny Flight, a Dynamic Shop (Still in the works). We host player requested events when we can as well.

I could continue with ways we communicate and work with our community but Derp already hit most of it.

I look forward to seeing you around,
    Dreadmore

Dr_Chocolate and IHazCow like this.
  9. TheFreshLemon

TheFreshLemon
    Expand Collapse

The staff cough admins don't listen to the people of play dot civwars dot net and if they do, they do not show that they do. Only when being bashed for bad behavior! Step up your game staff team smh.

MooseBobby likes this.
  10. IHazCow

IHazCow
    Expand Collapse

Hello Lemon, it's great to see you after months.

Since it's quite apparent you don't play the server and have actually taken quite a stand against it, im not sure what we as staff owe you.
    You see I no longer have an interest in trying to prove myself to those who don't care in the first place. The excessive toxicity that came from when you last played the server left an awful taste.

While you are welcome back here, it's a bit hard to value the opinion shared when it's very obvious you only seem interested in the troll and smear attack campaign/group that is forcing themselves out of the server.

So if you do really care, I implore you to take an interest. I ask you to take a look around, ask questions. I ask you to do so without immediately attacking people or disrespecting them. I don't think you understand how discouraging it is to see such shitty people trying to hurt all the time. If you are willing to give an ounce of respect here, Im sure you'd receive it back.

[​IMG]
    @Brawdy

#10 IHazCow, Mar 9, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  11. Brawdy

Brawdy
    Expand Collapse

>When Lemon gets a welcome back, but the smartest most important Civ player doesnt

12. TheFreshLemon

TheFreshLemon
    Expand Collapse

Hello Lemon, it's great to see you after months. -Derp

You as well.

Since it's quite apparent you don't play the server and have actually taken quite a stand against it, im not sure what we as staff owe you.
    You see I no longer have an interest in trying to prove myself to those who don't care in the first place. The excessive toxicity that came from when you last played the server left an awful taste. - Derp

You owe me nothing. You may owe it to your community to communicate with them though. When I was active on the server, there wasn't great communication with staff and the community and I'm sure you know this because your community is literally asking "Does the server listen to the community". It was a big issue I had as well, and yes I realize I was VERY toxic in the past and I apologize for that.

While you are welcome back here, it's a bit hard to value the opinion shared when it's very obvious you only seem interested in the troll and smear attack campaign/group that is forcing themselves out of the server. - Derp

So if you do really care, I implore you to take an interest. I ask you to take a look around, ask questions. I ask you to do so without immediately attacking people or disrespecting them. I don't think you understand how discouraging it is to see such shitty people trying to hurt all the time. If you are willing to give an ounce of respect here, Im sure you'd receive it back. - Derp

Thanks for the warm welcome back <3. As you know I had a very big problem with what I said above and I haven't trolled or forced anyone out of the server. I excluded myself from the community and only was connected through Memesis discord and occasionally talking to Moose. Most of the time those interactions were because of the current server(s) I play or played.

I have looked around, and it's actually why I'm back in the discord and forums. Recently some things came to my attention which could make me play again or not. Do you know how we feel when you don't respond and the server is in a deep hole? It seems like you don't care and from what I just saw, it damn sure seems that way. You basically proved my point that staff only responds when being bashed, so I now ask you Derp and the staff team. Do you care about play.civwars.net? If you do then you need to show that to your community and not me.

#12 TheFreshLemon, Mar 9, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    MooseBobby likes this.
  13. MooseBobby

MooseBobby
    Expand Collapse
    Founder of Nexus (RIP)
    Donator

you posted your response in the quote :/

14. TheFreshLemon

TheFreshLemon
    Expand Collapse

Yea ik I thought it was like 1.9 server ik :/

15. MooseBobby

MooseBobby
    Expand Collapse
    Founder of Nexus (RIP)
    Donator

well edit it l;

TheFreshLemon likes this.
  16. IHazCow

IHazCow
    Expand Collapse

Saying the staff only responds when being bashed is a bit unfair, everything gets responded to by staff, including the bashing. Starting off an interaction with toxicity and bashing a staff member and expecting a pleasant response is something so misguided I expect it to come from Moose. With a lot of people that had followed that ignorant model for a while, it was no wonder staff just hid away. What is changing now is we no longer want that stigma and toxicity being in this community. It has no place in CivWars.

I am not sure what point you think I have proven, but heres something to note: Of all of your posts, how many of them have been staff bashes included?
    Without checking and just having my memory serve me, Id say 90-95%, and of course there were some reasonable suggestions in those posts, but those just were buried with anger, sarcasm, and toxicity which just makes it all around significantly harder to deal with as you can imagine.

17. TheFreshLemon

TheFreshLemon
    Expand Collapse

I was an idiot and like half of them were useless bullshit that made 0 sense. Ever thought why people are mad at you and bash staff? You guys say you do this and that, but where's the proof? Where's the evidence other than responding to shitposters. (Excluding Ron he's always popping off and speaks truth)

MooseBobby likes this.
  18. IHazCow

IHazCow
    Expand Collapse

What exactly are you asking for proof of?

I just keep seeing you say show me proof, but what needs to be proven?

19. MooseBobby

MooseBobby
    Expand Collapse
    Founder of Nexus (RIP)
    Donator

stop deleting my comments. thanks

20. IHazCow

IHazCow
    Expand Collapse

Hello Moose,

All of your comments were deleted for the reason posted in the deletion reasons. If you arent going to stay civil, then dont stay. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.