1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ideas for Civ

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TheFreshLemon, Nov 2, 2018.

1. TheFreshLemon

TheFreshLemon
    Expand Collapse

What do you want to happen: I'm just going to paste my ticket paragraphs since I don't feel like rewriting it and I only came here because staff said they wouldn't respond unless it was here.

First off we need and want larger, longer, and actual wars with good alliances.

People are tired of these loser 3v3s or horrible wars in general that end in a couple days or something.

Koth. Ik the plugin is broke or something, but I think it might be time for a new one. Maybe a one like factions or something where it still has is hosted for a certain amount of time, but instead of it counting down it goes up. You guys set it to points for example 100 or 200 and when you stand on it, it goes up for those players. Then whoever hits the amount first gets the prize. This way teams can have multiple people on koth, but play alone and try to still win for themselves and not protect the one person caping it. Its not going to get rid of teaming, but might change peoples ideas and with the maps I think it would be great.

Jacop you hosted events on WoC for prizes. People liked them and it would be cool to see those. Like the Last man standing with the kits.

Warp nether. I have noticed people are breaking spawners in the nether and then you can't get blaze rods. Adding a /nether with Blaze spawners and Magma cubes since they are rare, would be great so people can go get blaze rods and Magma cream so they can make pots, bit be at more of a risk of being killed.

This will help with better and actual wars since people will simply have pots. It would also help with activity since people would be scared to grind during day and would have to grind early or late on days making people playing basically 24/7

Promoting Civ. Trailer and an update with this big update who knows. The trailer would need players, but I'm sure people would be fine with that and people to record it/make it which all is possible and I know that you said no to the trailer. An Update!! So I know people have talked about this, but 1.12 would be great. I know a lot people who want 1.12 features and 1.8pvp or would be fine with it. 1.13 is 100% a bad choice since it's buggy and not a lot of things are good especially in PvP. I have played some 1.13 so far and my packs are all messed up and no clients or anything like BLC are out yet making PvP boring for some especially since some of the mods help boost FPS. People have said it was laggy and that their FPS was bad. With 1.14 coming out and 1.15 early next year it would be useless and some Civ players have already stated their opinions on them basically saying they are trash and useless. Which is true, but you can eventually update when its finished and stable and then get new players and those features.

With another currency it would make getting money easier and actually having an economy. People don't seem to be selling on AH anymore.

Overall With Nexus basically gone new people have nothing to worry to about and can grow and build there Civilizations up. This is a good chance to make Civ grow and with a mini Thanksgiving break coming we can get some players on and then by Winter break we can have a good player base back.

Having a tip for ./tf would be great aswell and updating the guide book because I have seen new players complain on both.

Civ just needs to be unique and not to be known as the server where you grind and that's it because right now that's exactly what it is. I would like to thank you all for your time and reading my suggestions and I will add them all on the forums most likely by the end of the day or on the weekend.
    Thanks have a nice day!

Why should it happen: To help Civ grow and promote the server.

What will this bring to the server: A player base and an actual fun server that you play instead of just grinding.

Who is it for: The community.

2. relaxer

relaxer
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Moderator

A wholesome post from Lemon.

Good shit man.

Boywolfpup likes this.
  3. Flamzy

Flamzy
    Expand Collapse

very good but you should subscribe to my youtube channel first

4. IHazCow

IHazCow
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Owner of Civilization Wars

There isnt much I am able to do about this, but I can say a lot of mechanics will be changing in the coming update.
    Its just kinda the flaws of the gamemode, and some are harder to even think of a way to fix than others.

We have tested 2 different KoTH plugins at this time, and neither work. However, with the update to a new game version we are planning we have yet to test them on that game version. I cant promise that they will be exactly as you described, which I agree would be a better way to handle KoTH, however, I can guarantee that KoTH will be back in the update.

Discussions for certain staff double as event teams and planning are in discussions. We have to plan and discuss it in an upcoming staff meeting. However, we do like the idea of events and people to run them.

I am assuming you mean do a similar thing to what is going on with the /warp end?
    I feel this would make getting certain potions way to easy and abundant.
    Instead how about re-implementing the /warp nether that regens every so often?
    I believe this is something to be discussed and decided on.
    However, I do believe pots are currently something that is not hard to achieve at all. Even newer player to the server have many chests full of each individual one.

As everybody is updating all their resources to 1.13.2 it is the most logical thing to be working on at this time. In preparation for the crazy stuff happening in 1.14, updating to 1.13 isnt out of the question.
    As for the PVP, there are quite a few plugins that can be added to have 1.8 PVP in 1.13 and they work very well, and are extremely configurable.

As for server promotions, I have a few things planned, but have decided to hold off because I want this update to come first.
    As for a trailer, I dont have the means to make one, nor do I find it really worth it to pay somebody for it. Yes, they certainly are cool things to have people post everywhere, but they dont do a whole lot.

Jacop has been working hard on a fix on this current broken economy. So far it is looking good for a secondary currency as well.

The server is certainly growing since Nexus has "left"
    As the player counts aren't what they were before, when the new update hits and the promotional Ideas I have in my pocket. Im not really worried about counts at this time. I am fully confident they will go up as these are decent plans for the server.

New mechanics are being talked about in the next staff meeting. As for the grinding, there will always be that sort of aspect, its just not a gamemode for jump in and fight. Its just not what civ is built around.
    Have I got ideas to make things less grindy, more rewarding and fun? Yes. But that doesn't remove the fact there will probably always be a sense of grinding, its just part of vanilla and building up a reputable town/nation

Vali, Boywolfpup and TheFreshLemon like this.
  5. TheFreshLemon

TheFreshLemon
    Expand Collapse

When I said /nether yes I meant something like /warp end and I noticed that the people who have claimed blaze grinders break unclaimed ones so no one can use and then don't even sell it or sell it for a ridiculous price. As for the 1.13 thing I noticed playing and researching it that it is buggy and has a lot of glitches. For one duping is really easy with it aswell. I've already seen 1.13 HACKED clients. When I meant that Civ is just grinding which it is right now, I meant that people just grind then war. Some don't even build towns just boxes of obby or cobble with water. Then the people who do or try to build towns get raided instantly or blown up. Like those 2 new towns who got bombed by nexus or Valedux who got bombed multiple times now.

#5 TheFreshLemon, Nov 15, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  6. MaxSugarBucket

MaxSugarBucket
    Expand Collapse

Am I little late to the party

7. Boywolfpup

Boywolfpup
    Expand Collapse

Yes, but we get still get in on this!

8. TheFreshLemon

TheFreshLemon
    Expand Collapse

They most likely won't though.

9. Grant

Grant
    Expand Collapse

Wild (And Very Likely Awful plz don't shoot me) Idea: No more teleportation (except to spawn, one's town spawn, and warps). Then one would see things like regional spheres of influence (maybe one town is über powerful in its surrounding biomes but isn't developed enough to project power across the server map), the encouragement of actual agglomerations (cities next to each other can readily aid one another materially and militarily), the development of vast and important transportation infrastructures (railroads and roads between allied cities, or from a city's center to its warfront with an enemy), etc. (The biggest negative--the convenience of teleportation--is obvious.)

This could be a quaint change that would enhance the realism of the server and add nuance to its geopolitics.

I think someone suggested this before me, I think it was jsexpress in 2015.

Thanks for coming to my TedTalk.

10. MooseBobby

MooseBobby
    Expand Collapse
    Leader of Nexus
    Donator

1. why the hell are you posting at 3 am
    2. Get ur ass back on the server jeez

Draliri likes this.
  11. Boywolfpup

Boywolfpup
    Expand Collapse