1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mob Stacking Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions Archive' started by Grant, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Grant

Grant
    Expand Collapse

Hello, there seem to be some issues with mob stacking. I wouldn't suggest that fixes be implemented but for the fact that the developer of our mob stacking solution, as IHazCow has said, is able to tailor it to our server.

1) As motivated bricks pointed out, sometimes mobs glitch out in a grinder. For example, the death animation might lead the stack to relocate somewhere outside of the grinder. Then any incoming mobs will be sucked into the rogue-stack until there's 50. Please see motivated bricks for more information.

2) Mobs do not take ambient damage correctly. For example, in my case, a stack of 10x skeletons on magma blocks will take 100 seconds to die, because they die one by one (of course, all ten are supposed to be in contact with the magma blocks, as they would be in vanilla, and so all ten would die in 10 seconds). Similarly, a piston suffocator wouldn't work as expected. Also, though this is untested, drops from big heights intended to get mobs to half-heart might not work as they might be added to the stack before taking fall damage. Another untested issue is that, in all likelihood, splash potions of harming wouldn't actually damage all the mobs as they should.

And perhaps most importantly, the sweeping attack (and Sweeping Edge enchantment) do not work as intended; no mobs beyond the first in a stack appear to take damage. (I haven't tested this, I asked dan, who was kind enough to do the digging for me.)

All of these issues combine to complicate considerably the construction/use of mob farms, and so it would be fantastic for them to be addressed. Even making sweeping attacks work correctly would be a ginormous improvement. (Also, a somewhat hacky fix would be to only make zombies (i.e. pigmen) stack, as that was the issue that prompted the use of mob stacking in the first place. I think that'd be a good start.)

Dr_Chocolate likes this.
  2. Pudmuffers

Pudmuffers
    Expand Collapse
    The King of Egirls

should just remove it entirely

3. danghannistan

danghannistan
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Community Manager

Definitely not going anywhere. 3000 mobs from people afking grinders isn't going to be at all beneficial.

I just made it so that the whole stack will die when you kill it, which should make things a lot better.

4. Grant

Grant
    Expand Collapse

Thank you very much!

5. Pudmuffers

Pudmuffers
    Expand Collapse
    The King of Egirls

thank you dan, very cool!