1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BAN Red Discord Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Appeals' started by Red, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Red

Red
    Expand Collapse
    Donator

• In-game name: Red#1361
    • Ban/Mute length: Permanent
    • Why were you banned/muted?:see attached picture
    • Why should we unban/unmute you?: banning people for criticizing you is a bad policy. I cant believe you would ban me for something so petty. Looks like we were all wrong about you.
    • I'm probably gonna get forums banned and this will be deleted, so it appears the third server is seeing a similar ending to the first. Shame.

Attached Files:

jbean45 likes this.
  2. Cody

Cody
    Expand Collapse
    Part of the elite nexus retard squad
    Donator

+1

jbean45 likes this.
  3. bvnzxm

bvnzxm
    Expand Collapse

lolxd

jbean45 and Red like this.
  4. Brawdy

Brawdy
    Expand Collapse
    Allowed to Shitpost- Derp Daddy

Youre a toxic member of the discord and only cause trouble. -1

5. IHazCow

IHazCow
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Owner of Civilization Wars

The amount of times you have said you are quitting the server only to find you harassing me the next day for whatever reason you deem appropriate. Yet somehow you are still here.
    I am not here to serve you, nor do I dedicate my life to CivWars.
    I travel very frequently for work, attend school, and have to network myself to be successful in my career. CivWars is a hobby.
    Yet everyday you still try and pick a fight with every single person you talk to, especially me and I don't even desire talk to you.

You are extraordinarily toxic and frankly I have no more interest in dealing with you.

6. Red

Red
    Expand Collapse
    Donator

Not a valid reason to ban me.

jbean45 likes this.
  7. jbean45

jbean45
    Expand Collapse

+1 you didn’t ban me on the discord. I was being more toxic than @Red

Attached Files:

8. jbean45

jbean45
    Expand Collapse

Here’s more

Attached Files:

9. Red

Red
    Expand Collapse
    Donator

Since I just noticed you have taken away my ability to make profile posts and like forums posts, I'm going to make a longer answer even though I feel my previous one is the only answer you need.

Shutting down dialogue is not conducive to running a long time server, that's what I was telling you in CivWars Discord, which prompted you to ban me (lol?). Not wanting to talk to someone is not a valid reason to ban them, and not wanting to hear what someone says is not a valid reason to take away their methods of getting their point across.

My argument isnt that you need to dedicate your life to CivWars, nor are my complaints that you travel frequently for work. I understand and respect that, and I know that without your work you would not be able to manage the upkeep for CivWars in the first place. I also know that there are times where we desperately need staff, and none are there. I also know that you have been depressingly active since the launch, and Dan as well and we all know about Eyefull. I know that I told you that this exact thing would happen, and I know Dan said "no it wont, it didnt even happen last time". See attached photods. My argument is, and always will be until changes are made, that you remove people who disagree with you, or you take away their ability to speak.

The most obvious evidence is with me. You may say I "pick fights with everyone", but it's really just you. Last I checked, arguing my point isn't wrong or bannable. However, you banned me regardless, because quite frankly you didn't like what I was saying. If you were afraid it would scare away new players, that I would understand, you could tell me and I would take it to dms with you, where you would be free to not reply or simply block me. But that solution would still allow me to Express my opinions openly, ones that you don't agree with.

Yes, I have said many times I do not see a future in CivWars. Does that mean I am not allowed to log on, or take an active part in discussing the direction the server is going? Am I not being pushed out of CivWars forcefully, so that is why I no longer desire to play?
    Yes, I have said I am quitting. Once. Below there are attached screenshots that show times I have told you that I am not going to be playing. The first time I said that I am going to be "taking a break" and it was for mental health reasons, as I told you. And before you tell me I cherry pick evidence, I implore you to go back up and check those messages for yourself and tell me if theres anything in there that would contribute to this post. The second one is much more recent, July 6th, where I say "I guess you can take away my builder rank, because I no longer have a computer. I don't play your server anymore because I literally can't, but I'm still active in Discord and the Forums because I can.

Toxic? I am no more toxic than Brawdy or JBean. Yet they remain. I am no more toxic than Cody or Moosebobby. Yet they remain. The fact is I can no longer play your server due to not having a computer, therefore I cannot contribute votes, money, or playtime, therefore I have no use. If voicing my opinion is toxic, I am very, VERY toxic.

I encourage you to respond to this, to not close out this thread, and to not ban my forums account. I look forward to reading your response. Thank you. Screenshot_20190710-055030_Discord.jpg Screenshot_20190710-055030_Discord.jpg Screenshot_20190710-055342_Discord.jpg Screenshot_20190710-055910_Discord.jpg

jbean45 likes this.
  10. MooseBobby

MooseBobby
    Expand Collapse
    Leader of Nexus
    Discord Booster Donator

I am not toxic

jbean45 likes this.
  11. jbean45

jbean45
    Expand Collapse

How am I not banned yet? Lol XD

12. Red

Red
    Expand Collapse
    Donator

"I don't ban people for disagreeing with me" Screenshot_20190710-082916_Samsung Internet.jpg

jbean45 likes this.
  13. jbean45

jbean45
    Expand Collapse

@IHazCow some of this feedback could save the server. Why are you banning people for saying what they think about the server? This how you lose votes. Stop the shit and start listening to what people want. I think you forgot that the most important person in the sever isn’t you. It’s the player. Btw I play on a server where the owner listens to the players and is online every night. On average there are 24 new players every day.

This will get you more money as a bonus

#13 jbean45, Jul 10, 2019 at 9:14 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2019 at 2:41 PM
  14. Brawdy

Brawdy
    Expand Collapse
    Allowed to Shitpost- Derp Daddy

I’m not toxic :mad:

15. IHazCow

IHazCow
    Expand Collapse

I took away those abilities since I wanted to continue to allow you to respond here, but not spam the status bar again.

You don't create productive dialogue. Typical "dialogues":
    1. You say something so short-sighted it doesn't warrant a response
    2. You call me inactive, incapable, or various other things. Which again gets us nowhere.
    3. You go in circles, you actually don't want to hear what I say because when I address your "concerns" you only hear what you want to hear.

The self-righteous is strong with this one.

You have no intention of actually solving an issue, rather you prefer creating more issues, simply arguing for the sake of arguing (again, no intention of solving an issue).

Things that are removed fall under the category of;

1. Stop fucking pinging me unless you need me.
    2. Blatant insults against myself, the server, or the staff.
    3. Blatant racism

Other than that I'm pretty lenient, and even then I will just tell you to stop, unless you are a repeat offender which is quite obvious in your case since you decided to make it a daily activity.

What point are you trying to argue?

Everytime I see you talk whether that be in discord or game you try to fight somebody in chat. You also only hear what you want to hear. It's unfortunate really.

You're correct in that I don't like what you are saying, but incorrect in that that's not the reason for your bans. Read the ban reasons.

The forums ban was for derailing, and continuing after being told to stop (no surprise there, have to make it about yourself dontcha?).

The discord ban was for harassing me, and continuing after being told to stop. I would've let the discord thing slide, but you decided to attempt to make the conversation about how you are always correct and always in the right, and frankly it's a waste of my time to argue with somebody who believes these things.
    I live in the real world where knowing how to communicate with others and understanding that there is a time and place for certain conversations, words, and actions is important.

It is obvious that you lack a filter, which has led to both bans.

Your idea of discussing "the direction the server is going" consists mostly of "server dead" or "owner bad."

If you want to actually do so, do it, you're not currently banned on the forums. If the behavior that led to your previous forum ban continues, you won't get the opportunity.

To answer your last question: when you get banned you get pushed out forcefully, yes Red, that is how bans work.

Giving you evidence isn't worth my time because you only hear what you want to hear.

Here's a perfect example. Check this

Moose and Brawdy are perfectly capable of switching their toxicity levels off when I ask them to. This allows me to have actual conversations with them.
    This is usually done via private chat because even they can understand if you want a decent conversation take it to a ticket or a PM. If you're looking for pointers, ask moose how to have a productive conversation.

16. Cody

Cody
    Expand Collapse
    Part of the elite nexus retard squad
    Donator

could say that about a certain squid..

jbean45 likes this.
  17. jbean45

jbean45
    Expand Collapse

I wonder who that is.

18. Red

Red
    Expand Collapse
    Donator

I said I would talk to you in a respectful manner, clearly this behavior has not been reciprocated. Have fun running your server. I'll drop it after this since you have been nothing but rude in disrespectful in your response, how hypocritical.

You need to learn to seperate the game from real life.
    I insulted your server, that's not against the rules at all.
    Harassing you? I hadn't pinged you at all today, it was jbean that did so. I simply said things you didnt agree with, but conveniently banning me deleted my messages.
    I post 3 profile posts, one 4 hours from the last one and the other 6 minutes from previous, and that's spamming and warranting of me losing the privilege? That also doesnt explain why I cant like posts. Face it, you only let people fill the forums if you like them.
    You run the server with emotions, that much was clear when I jokingly flagged acid and you accused me of "running people off the server", "killing the server", "contributed nothing to the server but toxicity". Maybe you should say what you mean to who you mean.
    Saying I dont live in the real world? Really? Unlike you, I didnt make this personal and I never had, I told you I respect you as a person and your duties. I didnt consider how I felt about your server directly related to how I felt about you, and I thought this wouldnt affect our friendship. Clearly I was mistaken, so I'm sorry for that.
    The facts are I havent broken server rules, or discord rules that warrant me being banned from your Discord server. Maybe put your personal feelings aside for a minute and consider that.
    Theres a difference between having a filter and not saying what needs to be said. I share the feelings of many others, the difference is I'm loud and obnoxious enough to post it.

I like hearing myself speak, I wont apologize for that.

I have admitted myself to be in the wrong many times, while I have seen you do it once.
    I admit I was wrong to give away my discord token.
    I was wrong to violate neutrality.
    I was wrong to lie to Dan, a mistake I immediately rectified.
    I was wrong to say certain things without having the proper evidence or background to back them up.
    I was wrong to say this server would be better in coolsurdy's hands, I dont believe that.
    I was wrong to make a discord ban appeal because it has devolved into exactly what I thought it would.
    I was wrong to give up on civwars so soon, I believe now would be the right time.

I have no problem admitting my faults and my mistakes. I'm not perfect, I'm far from it. I fuck up literally all the time, it's one of my defining qualities. I just wish you could see when you screw up too. Granted, I should have been gentler when calling you out, but being blunt is the only way you ever respond.

Once again, good luck with your server. I never wished any ill will towards you or the server, but clearly that doesn't go both ways. I have no desire to play on a server with an owner that shittalks me for voicing my opinions, no matter what those opinions are.

I'm sorry you no longer desire to maintain a friendship with me. It was fun, and good luck.

EDIT: Thank you for not forums banning me.

#18 Red, Jul 10, 2019 at 5:50 PM
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2019 at 5:57 PM
  19. IHazCow

IHazCow
    Expand Collapse

You do realize the ban is only a temporary ban from the discord, right?

jbean45 and Draliri like this.
  20. Red

Red
    Expand Collapse
    Donator

[RedtillDead likes this]

jbean45 likes this.