1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RedTillDead Ban Appeal (Discord + In-Game)

Discussion in 'Denied Appeals' started by Red, Jul 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red

Red
    Expand Collapse
    CivWar's #1 Pvper
    Donator

• In-game name: RedTillDead / Red#1361
    • Ban/Mute length: Permanent / Permanent
    • Why were you banned/muted?: Advertising / Scaring away new people and being generally combative and a nuisance to deal with.
    • Why should we unban/unmute you?: For the ban on the server, I had not logged on for two days, and the next time I attempted to log on I was banned. At first, I did not know why, because I had no recollection of advertising, nor do I believe I did anything that violates the rules, however this can be argued by staff if they deem it fit. I offer several possible reasons why I might have been banned, the first of which happened on Discord. I held an invite competition for my Discord, and MLG_Twinky said "should I advertise in CivWars Discord", to which I said something to the effect of "LMAO DO IT", and then I told him not to because he would get banned. I can see that I shouldn't have said it in the first place, and it can be interpreted as me encouraging rule-breaking, and I understand that Twinky went on to advertise in the CivWars Discord and be a general annoyance. The second possible reason is that when I was on CivWars, two days before I was banned, I pmed several people (BobbyRavioli, Steffers, Pudmuffers, and YamiEmiri) to join the Discord call I had created with myself, and trickmaster. I mentioned nothing about the task beforehand, nor did I spam everyone that was on the server (there was about 20 people on at the time). I started off by telling people "This is for a different server, are you sure you want to hear the details?" Everyone replied yes, and I told them about the invite competition. I told them NOT to advertise it on CivWars, that was explicit and understood. Two people agreed to it, and nobody actually participated. While one could argue that I was using the server to tell these people to advertise, I argue the opposite. I was in discords with Bobby and Pud, and the only person who I didn't have pms with and was not friends with on Discord with beforehand was Bobby Ravioli, meaning that it was simply a matter of convenience for me, and that I wasn't "using" CivWars as a place to propagate my server, nor encourage other people to propagate it for me. I believe my ban was unjustified, but I have held back on creating this appeal until I had all of the information available to me. I would like an unban, or at least a staff response with a further explanation.

Onto the Discord ban: This one is much more straightforward I believe. I understand my actions in the Discord can be deemed as hurtful to the development of the server and the playerbase, and I apologize for any trouble I may have caused. I have opinions and while I believe I should be able to voice them, I know I need to be able to voice them in a manner that doesn't serve to affect the playerbase of the server or the members of the Discord. I hope that you take this into account when considering my Discord unban. While I know that I had an alternate account in the Discord, first by the name of Jessica and then by simply the LGBTQ+ flag, I believed that this alt was widely known, and since it wasn't banned initially it wasn't a problem. I realize now I should have just not joined with that alternate account at all, and that by doing so it is considered ban evasion, but I apologize for that. I was assured that my Discord ban was not permanent, and I hope that that fact hasn't changed.

I hope to hear a quick response from management. Thank you!

Acid Monkey likes this.
  2. ImFineTy

ImFineTy
    Expand Collapse

3. Sparkledog

Sparkledog
    Expand Collapse
    Officer of The Grand Cross (II), Nexus PR

I think red is a sweet guy with a good heart uwuwuw
    >/w/<

+1

(i also want that 30k back)

4. Aheamonn

Aheamonn
    Expand Collapse

+1. A single blunder doesn't decide the character of a person, and everyone is deserving of at least a second chance. I think Red is truly good at heart and should be pardoned.

5. SigmaFlash

SigmaFlash
    Expand Collapse
    Primarch of Nexus
    Donator

+10000000000000000

6. IHazCow

IHazCow
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Owner of Civilization Wars

Not that long when your breaking forums rules!

Please behave, this is the last warning I am giving.

Acid Monkey likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.