1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revamped Voting System

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Badman Levi, May 11, 2020.

1. Badman Levi

Badman Levi
    Expand Collapse

Hi guys, so I know I have been spamming the suggestions page recently but I am just full of new ideas and suggestions to throw your way. The current idea I am posting about is going to be a new vote system that I have in mind.

So due to the new economy being a very much smaller economy I was thinking instead of keeping the old style roulette key that is the case at the moment, I was thinking of suggesting a new and improved vote system which might be abit more beneficial to the players (Especially the new ones) in getting the essential stuff but also on the flip side the server benefits purely from the fact that they can get more votes in meaning the server gets more attention out there in the big wide world.

The entire system is based off "vote tokens" Or "vote coins". Every time you vote you get 1 coin or 1 token. This can be used in exchange for many different items, such as items in game, cosmetic stuff, even potentially the $20 donator rank (after ALOT of votes). This is something to keep people more interested in voting and a reason to keep people voting all the time. I dont see many people vote a day, I genuinely dont see that many people vote at all during the day and I believe this is down to the fact that people dont see the need in voting, especially after the removal of roulette keys being 100%. I feel like the vote system we have in place is very old school compared to the new and improved server we have at the moment and sticking to the $100 a vote + the chance to get a key is very much old school and I believe something like a token based system is alot more up to date.

So as I mentioned before, every voting website gives 1 vote token. These can be used on a simple command that is /tokenshop. Very similar to how the /souls work, these can be used for purchasing a number of different items, including obsidian/diamonds/cosmetic stuff like maybe wings or pets and to top it all off, something at the very end like a elite rank upgrade or something like that to sweeten the deal for some people to actually vote and to make it worth while for the richer people.

I defiantly
    believe that a revamp in the voting system is something that is essential at the moment and to keep voting alive on the server. Everyone would vote, nobody has a reason not to vote as for most people it takes literally 20/30 seconds. The reason people would vote is to make it so that they get something in return, like items in game for example and keeping the reward at $100 and the small chance at a key is not worth the 30 seconds time to go and vote. Overall I feel like something like a /tokenvote shop might be a nice little ideal system to add. It doesn't have to be over the top or even OP, just normally id say stick something right at the end of the shop for people to look forward too and people would vote purely for that 1 item/reward.

2. Badman Levi

Badman Levi
    Expand Collapse

Just to add to what I believe could be a potential revive of the oldschool voting system we currently have, I have made a rough simple template on what the voting system could look like and I cant stress the staff enough to look into this, especially since this is coming from just a normal day by day player who can see what it is like from my PoV.

https://gyazo.com/1386271e27f7c021cd94f050b179af07

3. Dreadmore

Dreadmore
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Administrator Developer Senior Adminstrator Forum Administrator

Hey, Koala,

Sorry, I had thought I replied to this when I was at work but my reply was deleted as I had to close out of the tab or whatever, anyways!

I think your idea is cool but we as you said kind of already do this with Lost Souls. Although we do agree this is a great way to get people voting again, this is what we are actually already up too!

We are implementing a cool new vote event system that is almost like a drop party if you will. This will be fun for players and also provide everyone with some good loot! We also are going to be focusing in on repairing our voting chests with a revamp and maybe adding another chest! We are on the move to add more incentives for players to show that they like civwars so we can have other players come and play too.

Thank you for the great suggestion and I hope I answered your question.

Badman Levi likes this.