1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SigmaFlash's "Griefing" Ban

Discussion in 'Accepted Reports' started by SigmaFlash, Sep 24, 2018.

?

Unban SigmaFlash? :(

1. Yes :)

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No >:(

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SigmaFlash

SigmaFlash
    Expand Collapse
    Primarch of Nexus
    Donator

• In-game name: SigmaFlash
    • Ban/Mute length: 7 day
    • Why were you banned/muted?: Griefing
    • Staff member who banned/muted you: Unknown
    • Why should we unban/unmute you?: First of all, when you attack an area successfully, the land is the attackers. We should be able to do what we wish with it and what we want with that area. They person that lost that area has no rights to that area. I was banned for blowing up the base because I knew if I kept it then they would come to flag it. The logical thing to do was to overall just remove the whole base. Also there has been many instances of bases being blown up after war for strategic purposes and to have only 1 person banned for it(which turns out to be a Nexus Leader) is weird.

2. Red

Red
    Expand Collapse
    CivWar's #1 Pvper
    Donator

It is described in the rules, griefing isnt allowed even in wartime. Just because you flag someone, doesnt mean it's now yours and yours to blow up. If you didnt want them to get access to the loot you could have just broken the chests. TNTing it was clearly an overreaction on your part.

3. Asdeo

Asdeo
    Expand Collapse
    Nemesis Consul Mayor of Lofi

Could have always just broke the chest and left.

4. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

I. No griefing:
    • No griefing of any sort. Griefing is an unnecessary and prohibited practice that has no place on the server. Destroying a build someone worked hours on does nothing but upset the creator. However, it is more than welcome to raid and loot towns, as well as use weapons such as TNT. Just make sure they serve a purpose and offer a direct, immediate military advantage in the context of that battle (E.g. Creating a TNT cannon to target chests and gain loot, or using a TNT cannon to get through walls). Burning down towns or blowing up buildings without targeting chests is prohibited. If you have conquered a town, the same rules still apply, since the original creators can still take it back through war. You still cannot burn it down or blow it up.
    Just for your future reference Sigma

5. danghannistan

danghannistan
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Community Manager

Let's take a quick look at the rules.
    Your justification of " I knew if I kept it then they would come to flag it." is completely unjustified because you unclaimed the land. Wilderness can't be flagged. Even if you hadn't, though, the rules are clear. You cannot blow up people's builds just because you conquer their land.

In your time off from the server I suggest you read over the rules again so we can avoid confusion like this in the future. They can be found here: http://civwars.net/forums/threads/server-rules.1050/#post-8491

Denied.

Red and Draliri like this.
  6. IHazCow

IHazCow
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Owner of Civilization Wars

Your formatting hurts my eyes. Why is it all bold and underlined?

Red, Draliri and MooseBobby like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.