1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some more Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Badman Levi, May 7, 2020.

1. Badman Levi

Badman Levi
    Expand Collapse

So after my little time away while working I have got some suggestions which I think might be a nice little addition to add!

1. Vote Party
    So I have noticed that not many vote anymore and I think the main reason why is due to the reward that you get. Only a small percentage chance of a key and now no money either (im not sure if thats due to the new economy or its on purpose) but either way there is no reward for voting, yesterday I voted and received nothing at all as i got unlucky and got no keys. I get voting shouldn't reward you with loads but maybe at least give $100 per vote and a 20% of a key. Either way I think adding something like a vote party might be a nice little idea. Every time the server gets maybe 50 votes or 100 votes it rewards everyone online with 1 vote key and $500 in game money or maybe could have a x3 boost for jobs to try get some levels via jobs (when we finally add mcmmo could make that x3 boost for mcmmo). I think this will give more players an incentive to vote and more of a reason to vote.

2. Alt limitations
    At the moment the limit of alts per person is sitting at 1. Meaning for people like myself who are only allowed 1 alt at a time will only have 2 people in a town. This is a crazy limitation for myself compared to bigger towns as it means that I am not allowed to have more than 1 alt in a town and means I am massively at a disadvantage to some of the projects I would like to build as I have very limited claim power. I think this restricts alot of players who like to play solo or with 1 other person as it means they have very limited claim power and outposts which can hinder the potential to build.

3. MCMMO
    I think this is becoming a meme with me as I always beg for something like this every time I make a post so im just going to leave this here :) (PLEASE ADD MCMMO IM BEGGING YOU!)

4. Bring tax on chestshops down to 10%
    This is something which I believe to be absolutely crazy when I first heard was a thing! 20% tax on chestshops personally makes them useless beyond anything. It means having to rise prices of everything by lets say 10% to meet in the middle of the buyer and seller to pay the tax, which genuinely means everything has gone up by price by 10% in an economy that has been decreased drastically. Personally I think having a tax on chestshops actually in reality is a good idea, if its in place correct. Decreasing the tax from 20% down to 10% might be abit more ideal. It doesnt render chest shops completely useless and means you can actually still make a tiny bit of markup on items and you could buy and sell items. This is something that I think needs to really be looked into to avoid them being useless.

5. Reset the nether and end monthly on the 1st
    Make a set day every month to reset the end of nether. I think having a set day every month for when the nether and end gets reset is a nice way of letting players know when they will be reset and not just waiting to randomly log on one day and see everything reset. This will benefit not only the server as all vote pages also reset on the 1st so after people vote for their vote parties (#Suggestion 1), when people see 40/50 people online fighting against the ender dragon and people fighting over blaze spawners people might be more inclined to stay.

6. Weekly events
    Creating weekly events might be something which also keeps some of the player base that are not here to just war war war interested. I know I made a post about a pvp tournament around a month ago before I got dragged away from home due to working as a key worker and living away from home however this is something which even if no staff want to help (I know bixdad before was interested so we could sort something out) I would happily run them all myself and get them set up to have different events each week. Maybe a king of the hill event 1 week, a building event the week after, a little hide and seek game the week after. Just keeping every single person involved on the server and having something available for every single person.

I will leave it as these 6 for now as I think these are the main couple suggestions I have. I do have plenty more I will post over the next couple days, if you have any questions about any of them or any criticism please message me in game (_koalabear) or post a comment on here and ill happily get back to you.

2. Ratriq

Ratriq
    Expand Collapse
    Top Swedish Meatball on CivWars

While I will say I agree with the chest shop thing, which I didn't even know was a thing until now I must say this like, really just fucks over people who try to be merchants, like making shops. Which is kinda annoying since I've since I joined I've tried to suggest and make this server more friendly for players wanting to have shops/merchant towns and this is just going backwards on that progress.

The alt limitation while I sort of agree partially with it, has already been shut down since it's quite recently been discussed and on top of that they just had a poll about mcmmo where half of the people who voted didn't want it, so we might have to wait a while if we even will get it.

Now by the rest of the stuff like a vote party and resetting the nether, it's on paper seems like a good thing but honestly. The server is already having a lot more on their shoulders then they are able to handle, the fact that this whole issue even has happened is because they've started doing reworks and adding stuff when they already had stuff that needed fixing.
    The best thing to really prove this is them adding jobs just 2 weeks before they reset and change the whole economy which they had been planning on doing for months anyway. Jobs is a plugin that will affect the economy drastically, while a good plugin, it has to be implemented with care. They still had balancing to do with jobs imo and there were still problems with both jobs and a lot of other things. Now when they've added jobs it's too late to remove it and this is impacting the new economy even more, since they literally changed the economy so much that we players nor staff actually have an idea of how this new economy will work out in price, like what will be the norm of an average player bal and such. Which means they have real clue as of now how to balance jobs properly since they don't know what kind of payout for jobs is balanced, right now it's way too nerfed in my and many others opinion.

It really does not help that a good chunk of players right now have talked about quitting, some nations too even, if they seriously do not improve this and learn this time I'm seriously worried about the future of this server as to how it's been handled as of now.

So right now adding anything might not be a good idea looking at the track record of this server, they've honestly gotta fix their current mess they've made, including literally a big chunk of the community having turned against them thanks to them repeatedly making justifications and excuses for what they do then proceeding to not listening to our major critique of things we do not want which just furthers the communication we players and lower staff members have with the upper ones.

#2 Ratriq, May 7, 2020
    Last edited: May 7, 2020
  3. Dreadmore

Dreadmore
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Administrator Developer Senior Adminstrator Forum Administrator

Hey Koala,

Vote Parties: (That line in its self is a party)

We actually have been looking into stuff like this for about a month. We found this one funny llama one where after a certain amount of votes there is a pinata party at spawn. We might add that and more.

Alt Limitations:

I understand it can be difficult at times but we do plan on increasing base plots that towns get. The two alternate accounts limit is what seems the fairest to players. We make exceptions for the family to play but we just gotta know. It is mostly because we do not want a large number of claims because of alts and it is really difficult to track down. I can definitely see where it can be helpful though so I am not arguing that. I can bring it up but it is up to derp. @IHazCow

MCMMO:

We plan on repolling the server on this topic after we figure out the economic situation we have going on. We are doing our best to handle the situation and reimburse players fairly in scale with our economy but at this moment this is definitely on our TODO.

Chest Shop Tax:

I would be okay to lowering the tax to 10% as it stands for now but I think 15% would be where it should be at. I agree it is a little too high, it is just one of our few outlets to get money back to our central account.

Resetting the Nether and End Monthly:

I think having a semi-steady end and nether are kind of important. I think resetting it every quarter or half would be fine but the next time we do this will most likely be in 1.16 (When we get to it, we are waiting for optifine this time)

Weekly Events:

Great suggestion, at this time we are actually recruiting Event Team members and if you have some ideas we would love to have you, message me if you are interested and have some cool ideas to bring to the table, we are working on building a Citidel at the moment which will most likely end up a Monthly event everyone can mark their calendars for! @Randall0208 's idea.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Badman Levi and Dr_Chocolate like this.
  4. Badman Levi

Badman Levi
    Expand Collapse

This sounds amazing! Please add something like that

In regards to everything else thank you for replying and when i did reread the end and nether part I agree 1month is very extreme, I actually think something maybe every 4 months (3 times a year) might be ideal.

5. Dreadmore

Dreadmore
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Administrator Developer Senior Adminstrator Forum Administrator

I wanted to say, #1 is currently being configured and should be finished soon, and #4 has been changed from 20% to 0% for now. It is subject to change but for now, it will be no tax.

Badman Levi likes this.