1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Svearike - New leader

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ratriq, May 10, 2020.

1. Ratriq

Ratriq
    Expand Collapse
    Top Swedish Meatball on CivWars

Aight, I'll be stepping down from Svearike since I'll either take a break from civwars or quit entirely, depends on if the staff will actually change of how they manage this server since as of now it's been handled quite irresponsible imho. I've already posted a thread before this one showing my frustration and probably a lot of other players frustration about this so I won't keep talking about it.

Motivatedbricks will be the new leader of Svearike for the time being and permanently (probably) if I never come back. To avoid any confusion and clear this up a bit.

For those waiting for the Runjemö to get deleted by taxes or something else, just for your information, if you are thinking of stealing the egg, it's already been removed from the town to avoid it getting stolen. I'm still over-thinking what I'll do with it if I decide to quit.

Been fun playing with y'all in this community, gonna miss it for sure but seriously cannot stay in it anymore because of how it's been run. I might come back if the upper staff show any signs of having a genuine will to change with how they've treated us recently and actually learn from their mistakes.

But for now, had a great time with this community, probably been one of the best I've been a part of in a long while, wish y'all the best of luck. <3

Also, a side note since I planned on creating a thread explaining this whole closed vs open economy ordeal in a much more detailed way but I honestly gave up the will of wanting to continue writing it since I lost my faith in the upper staff, especially respect for the owner. But to not make these pictures I drew to go to waste, I'll just post them here since it can't hurt by doing so.
    Closed Economy V1
    https://gyazo.com/13a81143a7516b8130bc1307ec3f4c11
    Closed Economy V2
    https://gyazo.com/b87953fc72698cddb8c47ae274763214
    Open Economy
    https://gyazo.com/64059d6de22341a76cc94b89aeda36bd

2. Flamzy

Flamzy
    Expand Collapse

sad to see u leave ratriq good images of closed economy smart boy intelligent swedish ikea man

3. estsalvia

estsalvia
    Expand Collapse

i’ll miss u ikea cookie , do great things i love ya lots

4. Sinyphus

Sinyphus
    Expand Collapse

Swedish man quickdropped to staff and was caught lacking. I was told you were the best boyo

5. skepticalish

skepticalish
    Expand Collapse

rat b4 u go: you never accepted my public declaration of my love for you on the last post u made, and honestly i'm hurt but its ok ill always luv you <333

6. Dr_Chocolate

Dr_Chocolate
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratriq, it's been great knowing you, man - from making you think you were insane with chests to stealing your dragon egg for an hour - it was incredibly fun to be around you. I hope you eventually come back one day, we'll all be here for you.

7. IHazCow

IHazCow
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Owner of Civilization Wars

Hello,

Its unfortunate to see you still going down this route of self-blinding as I have made every effort to respond to you. However, you are not able to say the same. I have reached out to talk with you and explain things on the forums and in game. It seems all you are able to bring up is the sentence where I mentioned the length of the post is not rationalized with the amount of content within, which you even commented on yourself in the original post.
    Copy and pasted into word:
    [​IMG]
    9 pages w/ 4.4k words.

Now I even took the time to read the monstrous post and respond to it, unfortunately I was not able to respond in my usual fashion and hit all of your points because there is actually a 25,000 character limit I was not aware of until this post came to be. So I cut quite a bit back expecting a response to no avail, no response from you to the original post. Keep in mind this post is not and has not been locked.

As for you quitting, I am going to assume you are resigning from your builder rank?
    Its quite hard to tell since the month you've been here you have quit 2 or 3 times.

Farewell,
    Hope to see you again.

8. Bleeep

Bleeep
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I'm disappointed to see you leave Ratriq. You've been a great ally to me throughout your tenure as a player here, and I have learned and come to admire how incredibly hard you fight for what you believe in. I hope to ping you again in the future with a message that confirms the changes you and many others have fought for over the last two weeks.

Goodbye for now Rat!

9. Boywolfpup

Boywolfpup
    Expand Collapse

You are a good and honest man, Ratriq. Everyone needs a break from CivWars at some point, but I do hope you return in the future.
    Stay safe brother.

10. leftyy

leftyy
    Expand Collapse

11. _Bloody_

_Bloody_
    Expand Collapse

Ratriq ever since I met you, you’ve been a good friend of mine and I wish you come back some day. If you don’t decide to come back good luck to whatever you decide to do in the future. I’m here for you and it was great knowing you.

12. Ratriq

Ratriq
    Expand Collapse
    Top Swedish Meatball on CivWars

So let me get this right,
    You are right now bringing up shit from another post while trying to justify it, as usual, that has no real context or relativity in this post since this is just both a goodbye post for the time being and a nation post explaining why Moti is suddenly the leader of Svearike.
    Then trying to call me out of wanting to leave this server a couple of times before? Yeah sure those 2 other times was when I had a private pm in discord with Dread and Choco and was in a pretty bad spot mentally, but yeah, let's just let everyone know about that. Since I obviously talked to Dread and Choco privately cause I wanted you to just try to use it as a way to make my post goodbye in the post less seriously.

I took the time and spent about 20 minutes trying to help you guys, explaining how most of the community felt about this whole situation in the most well-mannered way I could. The "response" I got was someone having a half-assed passive-aggressive post skipping many core points, twisting some to fit his own argument or missing some entirely, then go out of his way to just insult the post and say it would've been better if I didn't write it at all and it should just be in a fucking diary, then literally go out and say I've got no voice in this community yet because I've only played on this server for almost 3 months.

Yeah sure, let's just forget me literally becoming a builder, building for free to help you guys, dedicating hundreds of hours being active and friendly on the server, discord and the forum. Never trying to be toxic or whiny, but giving real critique to help you guys. Literally donating about 300 bucks to this damn server, because I mostly just wanted to help it, because of how much I cared about it.
    and I've got no say in this situation at all as of now?

Also, don't hide behind yet another excuse of having a "word limit" since when I last checked you could post more than one post, there, problem solved. I'm not going to go on about this more then I have to, you wanted to a response this is the response and the only you get from me.
    You can answer this post and yet again hiding behind a bunch of excuses, justifications and try to twist or change some of the meaning of what I just said, but it won't help you in this situation, since a good part of the community has turned against you as of now for a reason.

As a final note, let me just post this of what Blep told me, this should make the situation of how you've managed this server quite clear for everyone here, I won't respond shit if you reply to this for your knowledge, I'm taking a break/quitting from this server for a reason, you just further prove me right as to why I don't want to come back.
    [​IMG]

estsalvia likes this.
  13. Asdeo

Asdeo
    Expand Collapse
    Nemesis Consul Mayor of Lofi

yo lmao ikea furry

14. leftyy

leftyy
    Expand Collapse

This took a dive real quick