1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transition Plan for Towny Bonus Claims

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Grant, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Grant

Grant
    Expand Collapse

Recently the ability to purchase bonus Towny claims has been removed from the store, I believe due to its violating the terms of use of Towny.

I think people shouldn't be penalized for not foreseeing this. Some of the biggest cities of the server, Sainte-Marie and Defiance, are dependent on these claims, as are various smaller towns (yes, including my own).

To compensate for this, I propose the following transition plan. (Really sorry if someone else has already proposed this, I didn't see it anywhere).

- Bring back the ability to /t buy bonus, up to say 5,000 plots, and give donators however many plots they donated for in that form instead. So if town X has 4000 bonus claims, add 4000 to their /t buy bonus field instead. (I chose 5k since no one has received that many donated towny bonus claims; it's an upper bound on what's on the server currently.)

This plan is pretty simple and has multiple advantages I think:
    - It doesn't penalize Sainte-Marie and Defiance, and other towns who have donated or use donated bonus claims.
    - It allows others to buy bonus claims with in-game currency, so there's equal opportunity in that regard. This makes up for it disappearing in the store.
    - It allows towns who want to develop more land pay for that privilege, as opposed to stifling development on the basis of # of residents.

What are y'alls thoughts?

Asdeo, Boywolfpup and Dr_Chocolate like this.
  2. Siris

Siris
    Expand Collapse

T buy bonus would be a great alternative and it can be controlled by increasing the cost of each town block depending on the size of the town currently. So no one can abuse the townblock buying system.

3. Boywolfpup

Boywolfpup
    Expand Collapse

Unless you're buying 5000 on the spot of course. I think a quadratic cost would be hard to implement correctly but yes, a good idea indeed!

4. Siris

Siris
    Expand Collapse

Well it is easy to implement as it goes by town level in the config, also the reason I bring it up is because if the townblock price is constant I can almost guarantee it makes it much easier to grind out the costs. A player whom is rich will have no issues bulk buying pieces of land, this can be prevented by having an increased price for every nth townblock. Similar to how most game systems work, where at first you level up quickly then later you level up much slower. This prevents players from exploiting the system by grinding.

Boywolfpup likes this.