1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you want changed on Civwars?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brawdy, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Brawdy

Brawdy
    Expand Collapse
    Allowed to Shitpost- Derp Daddy

Simple question. What do you want to see changed on Civwars. Staff, Server, Gameplay, Etc.

Boywolfpup likes this.
  2. TheFreshLemon

TheFreshLemon
    Expand Collapse

So people are dumb and are getting offended so I'll just edit my post for the snowflakes. To think we were out of winter am I right :) ok sorry that was the last one.

Combat:
    Not even gonna try bc you guys are stubborn. If you want to hear it then sure, but waste of time otherwise.

OG koth maps:
    The OG koth maps were legendary and were very fun. Island, Wild, and whatever the other was called (I think forest or fortress idk, <-- correct me pls). Island was my personal favorite map and I think it'd be interesting with the new 1.13 water PvP mechanics, but I just realized we should discuss the use of tridents there, because I can see people getting on places where others can't or just spamming it where no one can hit the person. The memories of walking to wild koth and fighting Choco and dying are still there <3.

Reset/Major border expansion:
    At this time people used up the land/know where peoples bases are so I'd like to see a border expansion this Spring/Summer. Let's new kids and the returning or possibly returning players to have a fresh start.

Less p2w/bonus claims:
    I do like that the staff reworked kits, but what's with all the arrows?
    Remove that dumb 2:1 ratio rule:
    I forget who said it might have been Brawdy or Moose, but the cm thing is 10/10 and better.

Remove neutrality/rework neutrality (again):
    ^ Says enough

Mini-Banwipe:
    Unban the players who were banned for minor things like spjx goggles and add anti spjx goggles:
    Half of them got perm bans and never appealed which is stupid, should've been a 2week-1 month ban for first offense and then so on not a perm off the back.

Stop going against the 1st Amendment:
    Imagine thinking I was serious.

Turn Defiance into a prison for Moosebobby:
    He asked and its historical. Due to it being near warp wild idiots like memesis still try and invade it, but fail. Its the only town that's left from the start without being raided or falling to taxes. Its like UJ, but in the Derp 2nd era of CivWars. We must keep it alive, yes.

Edit: Or a staff town.
    Pretty good idea NGL ^ :)
    #Blood4Mod

#2 TheFreshLemon, Mar 12, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  3. Sinyphus

Sinyphus
    Expand Collapse

1.9 more like 1.yuck

Boywolfpup likes this.
  4. TheFreshLemon

TheFreshLemon
    Expand Collapse

Right back @ chu 1.8 is 1.Yuck and 1.NoSkillRlly and 1.CarpalTunnel and 1.BadInNewVersions

5. leftyy

leftyy
    Expand Collapse

Imagine hating an entire group of people for just wanting to play without having to worry about being fucked over by people like you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6. TheFreshLemon

TheFreshLemon
    Expand Collapse

Imagine liking a group that is inactive, but always tries to sway big decisions for little things! Non neutrals get fucked over by neutrals especially in OG map when they claimed end portals like beaches. They build nice things, but those nice things should be SHARED. :)

Edit: I actually like some neutrals and get along with them well, but CW neutrals are like evil. They don't support non neutrals and always go against them and some like this guy named RedTillPoopHead and Puppies2Peace always talked trash in chat. (L BTW) They are cruel and need to be dealt with on play dot civwars dot net. Thank you for your time

#6 TheFreshLemon, Mar 12, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  7. leftyy

leftyy
    Expand Collapse

Well I'm neutral and all I've done is build
    I'm just trying to inform you that not all neutrals are bad

8. TheFreshLemon

TheFreshLemon
    Expand Collapse

I do know all neutrals aren't bad, I said I liked some and that some are chill, but mainly on Civ we get a bad bunch.

Boywolfpup likes this.
  9. Boywolfpup

Boywolfpup
    Expand Collapse

If you didn't add the anger in to writing your thoughts out then you might make more friends on here...

10. TheFreshLemon

TheFreshLemon
    Expand Collapse

What's a friend

11. Boywolfpup

Boywolfpup
    Expand Collapse

As said in a previous post, I found it a major negative with the new plot system.

1. The buy price per plot. On the first world map there was a price of 2.5 (coins or $, can't remember) to claim another plot for your town. I'm not sure what is was last time I checked, but with the following points it really stacks up.

2. Plot sizes. I recognize that the staff's movements from 25x25 plots to 16x16 was prudent for the community, but I don't really agree on this - I'm in the minority that wanted to keep the 25x25 plots. Yes builds it will look better, sure, but there really wasn't any counter-measure added to this change. Added costs on top of smaller plots doesn't seem right to me.

3. Claim limits. On an addition note to the first two points, CLAIMS have been greatly reduced in number. I believe that on the first map there was 150 for the town and then (16?) per additional resident and I think it is something like 8 or something now? Why there can't be 'medium sized' one player towns is another mystery to me.

:(

12. TheFreshLemon

TheFreshLemon
    Expand Collapse

1. 100% agree
    2. I like f3+g uwu and its just. The default plots nothing really wrong wit DAT
    3. Nein! If you want more claims, recruit and add people. Small towns don't need that many claims and half of em go inactive.

13. Dr_Chocolate

Dr_Chocolate
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Administrator

This is a private Minecraft server. The first amendment does not apply to us.

leftyy likes this.
  14. TheFreshLemon

TheFreshLemon
    Expand Collapse

I'll just edit my post I guess ): or re write it as a non meme :/

Apologies Master Choco

Attached Files:

15. Boywolfpup

Boywolfpup
    Expand Collapse

...Very nice, thanks for the feedback!

16. IHazCow

IHazCow
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Owner of Civilization Wars

When we shrunk from 25x25 to match actual chunk lines, we did compensate by increasing the max limit per person. So the claim that there wasn't counter-measure is false.

As for the the scaling on increasing player counts, we actually created a more in-depth system (made by matt) to calculate the total number of plots a town has based on residents. He shared the scaling info publicly at one point.

17. Boywolfpup

Boywolfpup
    Expand Collapse

But for the players such as myself that wish to have one player towns...

18. IHazCow

IHazCow
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Owner of Civilization Wars

19. Boywolfpup

Boywolfpup
    Expand Collapse

20. Acid Monkey

Acid Monkey
    Expand Collapse
    Donator

Personally, something that’s always bothered me about civ is the amount of grind necessary to compete. Now, obviously grinding is something that is a part of the game mode and that’s perfectly fine. But, if making war materials was slightly easier I think it would be a lot easier for new players to pick it up. The nemesis’ and the nexus’ can get by fine with the current setup because we’re established groups, but when a new player joins and sees all that’s necessary to play civ, I can imagine it’s probably very off putting. I don’t really have any ideas on how one could limit the grind on civ but I’d be willing to brainstorm with others on the matter if this is something that takes staffs interest.