1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-ray Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Accepted Appeals' started by Relm, Aug 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relm

Relm
    Expand Collapse

• In-game name: RelmCheatham
    • Ban/Mute length: 1 Month
    • Why were you banned/muted?: I used an X-Ray Resource Pack
    • Why should we unban/unmute you?:

I joined the server a day ago, found a town to accept me, joined their discord, and was banned while digging up some sand near-ish our base for use in my plot. I haven't played towny since 2014-2015, so when I went back to Minecraft recently I pulled up a towny server list and found CivWars and it looked better than the rest.

I used X-ray from when I played Anarchy servers, but I used it on Civwars to obtain what I'd estimate to be around 40 diamond (ore) blocks worth. This was wrong and unacceptable of me to do for a wide variety of reasons;
      - Firstly, it's against the rules, which is the ultimate reason
      -Secondly, it reflects badly on the people who were generous enough to let me join their town, and for that I apologize to them.
      -Thirdly, it gave me unfair advantage over non x-ray player's starts on the server by a wide margin
      -Fourthly, though I did not sell any of the diamonds for money, using x-ray breaks the economy since selling diamonds are the primary way of gaining money on the server, and even further widens the advantage gained for using it.

I've already deleted the resource pack with no intention of reinstalling it, and can screenshare my resource pack folder at request anytime if needed; I really want to get back on the server so I can make amends to my town for this and so I can keep enjoying the server the right way without cheating. Though I've not been on the server for long, I really love it and want to be active and involved in it. Sorry for the inconvenience, I promise not to use it again.
    • If the appeal is accepted and your ban sentence is reduced, do you want to VOLUNTEER FOR KARAOKE for a further ban reduction?: Sure ^-^ (not sure if I'll be available for any of the select nights coming up though)

#1 Relm, Aug 7, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    MooseBobby likes this.
  2. MooseBobby

MooseBobby
    Expand Collapse
    Leader of Nexus
    Staff Member Donator

3. Relm

Relm
    Expand Collapse

Forgive the bump, but I was told an appeal would only take about half a week but it's been a week and a half, and I've already served 1/3rd of the ban. I would atleast like a response whether it's accepted or declined so I know when I can stop refreshing this page every day or two.

Thank you.

MooseBobby likes this.
  4. IHazCow

IHazCow
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Owner of Civilization Wars

Accepted.

Sorry the appeal took so long.

Relm likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.