Denied FTen

Status
Not open for further replies.

FTen

In game name: FTen
Country/Timezone: BST/GMT

Why do you believe you should be staff?: First of all CivWars was a large part of my childhood spanning back to 2016-2017. I spent a large chunk of my childhood on this server and gathered quite a bit of knowledge in terms of the community as a large. I have applied before but I have been denied but I have decided to try again based on my new found maturity to apply for the helper/moderator position on CivWars Minecraft server. If you allow me to serve the CivWars community as a moderator you'd be getting a dedicated, sensible, proficient moderator loyal to the CivWars community.

What would you bring to our current staff team?: I would bring my timezone which gives the server a better advantage combatting the EU community you have. I would bring a non-bias view on things as I, like a few staff have played both sides of the coin (both neutral and warring) which will allow me to empathise with both parties. Honestly I would just want to join a team who has CivWars best interests at heart.

If you could change one thing to Civwars, what would it be?: I would want to take a look into and combatting the toxic nature around civwars.

Anything else to add?: I know I've recently come back but thank you for taking the time for reading my application.

Dreadmore

Community Manager
Staff member
Good Morning,

I just wanted to let you know your application is being considered.

Should have an answer for you in a few days.

Thanks,
Dreadmore

Mad MMTM

Donator
-1 Based upon the actions and not knowing the rules(Section of punishments of in game: Asking for a player to be unmuted/unbanned) I do not think Ften will fit in as a moderator as his actions are unbecoming of a player in general as well.

I do hope to see change and an improvement, Good luck

Last edited:

Moosebobby

Please do not commit libel.
+1, we need more diverse staff on the team and another Muslim would be great for the staffs image as a truly diverse and equal team.

Sadly he does reject some of the teachings of Muhammad himself such as what Muhammad thought of age of consent, but that's ok because Mad MMTM seems to believe in it so all the bases are covered!

FTen

+/-0 Will update upon knowing more about you, unfortunately I do not remember you during 2016-2017 era. So this will change upon observing you more on the server.

And with that being said I wish you luck on your application
Summer 2016-17. I played through the "death" of civwars up until it was sold to the current owner.

Ahea

Admin
Staff member
+1

I played pretty extensively with FTen on a previous server, and he was a gem of a man to work with, always providing help and useful input whenever asked. I can easily see a positive contribution with him joining the team.

chubd

In game name: FTen
Country/Timezone: BST/GMT

Why do you believe you should be staff?: First of all CivWars was a large part of my childhood spanning back to 2016-2017. I spent a large chunk of my childhood on this server and gathered quite a bit of knowledge in terms of the community as a large. I have applied before but I have been denied but I have decided to try again based on my new found maturity to apply for the helper/moderator position on CivWars Minecraft server. If you allow me to serve the CivWars community as a moderator you'd be getting a dedicated, sensible, proficient moderator loyal to the CivWars community.

What would you bring to our current staff team?: I would bring my timezone which gives the server a better advantage combatting the EU community you have. I would bring a non-bias view on things as I, like a few staff have played both sides of the coin (both neutral and warring) which will allow me to empathise with both parties. Honestly I would just want to join a team who has CivWars best interests at heart.

If you could change one thing to Civwars, what would it be?: I would want to take a look into and combatting the toxic nature around civwars.

Anything else to add?: I know I've recently come back but thank you for taking the time for reading my application.
+1 ften is cool we love ften

FTen

-1 Based upon the actions and not knowing the rules(Section of punishments of in game: Asking for a player to be unmuted/unbanned) I do not think Ften will fit in as a moderator as his actions are unbecoming of a player in general as well.

Come to me when you know the rules too! We can learn them together!

1624572036547.png

chubd

So you're saying that someone who cares about players receiving proper punishment wouldn't fit in on the staff team? Isn't the PURPOSE of the staff team to do that very thing?

Cresterz

+1

FTen was both the initial and primary player I have conversed with since my return to CivWars. He has not only been extremely supportive and polite, but also active and charismatic. Possibly one of his greatest strengths is the finesse FTen possesses, making it difficult to genuinely dislike him. He undoubtedly has the capacity to achieve not only high repour with the members of the staff, but is also currently held in high credibility and enthusiasm with the members of CivWars. I highly recommend FTen for the position of Moderator, and I am heavily intrigued and exhilarated to see the heights to which FTen will mount.

-Cresterz

FTen

+1

FTen was both the initial and primary player I have conversed with since my return to CivWars. He has not only been extremely supportive and polite, but also active and charismatic. Possibly one of his greatest strengths is the finesse FTen possesses, making it difficult to genuinely dislike him. He undoubtedly has the capacity to achieve not only high repour with the members of the staff, but is also currently held in high credibility and enthusiasm with the members of CivWars. I highly recommend FTen for the position of Moderator, and I am heavily intrigued and exhilarated to see the heights to which FTen will mount.

-Cresterz
Big up <3

Cresterz

With all due respect, I have found your reasoning to oppose FTen's application for moderator heavily unsatisfactory, and as such, in upholding my responsibility as a player and friend, must address the dissatisfaction for your hesitation to support FTen in his endeavors to support CivWars.

First and foremost, it's heavily unjust to denounce FTen due to a singular example. Perhaps if you posted a list and deducted your opinion upon more relevant information, but to state that FTen does not know the rules due to a singular warning, when a vast amount of the current staff team have had similar or even more severe disciplinary actions, yourself included, is not only illogical and outlandish, but also heavily hypocritical.

Secondly, while it may be fair to say that you simply don't think he would make a good mod, there is a defined line between disagreement and slander, and I believe your comment traversed into slander territory. Just because he isn't perfect doesn't call for the claim that FTen is "unbecoming of a player." Such two claims have no defensible line of reasoning between such, and as such appear more insulting to character than an impartial evaluation of his capability.

Finally, I believe, in this instance, you are not impartial in your evaluation of FTen. While it may be impossible to remove all bias to conduct honest evaluation, and while some level of bias may directly affect your opinion on their capability in authoritative position, there has to be a level of negligence of held opinion and a direct look at what FTen has done, to which a singular example is unbefitting. Furthermore, I have suspicion that your evidence is based on opinion, as opposed to an opinion based on evidence. Again, while you are entitled to your own perspective, it would serve better to simply state "I don't like him" as opposed to listing an unsatisfactory and hypocritical reason to which you oppose him.

I seek not to antagonize your good favor, nor do I seek to belittle in any such way. However, I do kindly urge for a reappraisal of your evaluation upon FTen, and hope that the discontent you hold with him does not cloud your judgement on his capabilities of a moderator.

Sincerely,
-Cresterz

Hello,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to apply, old friend. You've certainly had a mostly positive and constructive presence since your return. However, being fully transparent here, there are a few concerns. Considering you have been back for just over a week, some in the staff team are unfamiliar with you. Due to this unfamiliarity and with you somewhat piling on the public harassment of MadMMTM the other day, that left a somewhat sour taste in the mouths of some staff. I've known you for quite a while now, and I'm sure this is just an isolated incident. So in the meantime, please continue being the positive and constructive influence you have shown you can be, and you will no doubt be a strong candidate for Moderator. At this time I will have to DENY, but please apply again in the near future.

Regards,
Chocolate

Status
Not open for further replies.

© 2021 - Civilization Wars LLC.

All Rights Reserved.