How to record evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live Replay Setup

This guide will teach you how to set up replay software in order to capture the last couple of minutes that occurred in-game, which is very useful for providing evidence for reports or saving funny moments. The beauty of live replay is that you can be sure you’ll never miss anything; so long as you hit your keybind to save the video. No longer do you have to be constantly recording, ending up with 5+ hour-long videos to deal with.

There are various options for you depending on your computer’s hardware. If you have an NVIDIA graphics card, you can use their ShadowPlay service.

If you have an AMD card, you could use AMD ReLive, but I personally wouldn’t recommend it, as it glitches out quite often, causing you to lose your recordings. As such, this guide will not cover the usage of ReLive. Personally, if you don’t have NVIDIA, I’d suggest you use OBS instead.

Additionally, once you have your video file, I would personally recommend using www.streamable.com for your reports. No account required, quick uploads, and a built-in video length cutting tool.

OBS Guide

If you don’t have an NVIDIA graphics card, I’d recommend using OBS over any other software, including AMD’s ReLive software.

Download & install OBS from this site: https://obsproject.com/

1. 1. After launching, navigate to File ➨ Settings.
  2. 2. After opening settings, click on “Output” and click “Enable Replay Buffer.” Make sure you click “apply” at the bottom right before you continue.
  3. 3. Next, set the amount of time you want to save when you hit your save replay hotkey. I’d recommend 300 seconds (5 minutes).
  4. 4. Next, navigate to the Hotkeys tab, scroll down the section labeled “Save Replay” and set a hotkey that you’ll press when you’re ready to save.
  5. 5. Hit apply to your settings, then exit back to the main window. Make sure Minecraft is open then add your game capture. 6. Hit the plus sign under the “sources” section, click game capture, then click “OK.” When the next window opens, click the dropdown under “mode” and select “Capture specific window.” Then click the new dropdown labeled “Window” and select “[minecraft.exe]: Minecraft”
  6. 6. Finally, on the main window, under “Controls,” click “Start Replay Buffer.” Make sure you hit this button every time you open OBS, otherwise you won’t be able to save your replays when you hit your hotkey.
And that’s all there is to it! Next time you hit your keybind, it’ll save the last five minutes of gameplay directly to your video directory.

NVIDIA ShadowPlay Guide

If you have an NVIDIA graphics card, you likely already have the ability to use ShadowPlay, which is, personally, my favorite option for recording live replays. This section of the guide will show you how to set it up.

1. 1. Download the GeForce Experience app here.
  2. 2. After installation, use the default hotkey Alt+Z to bring up the NVIDIA Overlay. Then click the cog icon to bring up your settings.
  3. 3. Scroll down and click on the Video Capture settings. Feel free to change your settings however you like here. This is how I have my settings; I set my recording settings pretty low so the files will be smaller and take less time to upload.
  4. 4. Once you’ve set that up for your preference, hit back on the right side. Remain in settings, then click “Keyboard Shortcuts” and set your keybind for the replay.
  5. 5. Finally, hit done on the right side to go back to the main menu, click on Instant Replay, and turn it on.
And that’s it, you should be good to go! This works across the board no matter what game you’re playing, you just hit your keybind and you’ll save the last four minutes of your gameplay.

Medal.tv
Lastly, if none of the above work for you, there's always Medal.tv! Medal.tv is relatively new, and extremely easy to setup.

1. Download the Medal.tv app from the following website: medal.tv
2. Use the medal.tv app to bind your record key and how long you want it to capture
3. Press the hotkey when you want to save a clip

That's all it takes! It'll then upload the clip automatically to the medal.tv website, and you can use that link to easily share the clip without having to upload anything!

That’s all for the guide, thanks for reading! I hope this helps you out and improves your ability to report on any issues you may face in-game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

© 2021 - Civilization Wars LLC.

All Rights Reserved.