Denied Phurry (hear me out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phurry

In game name: Phurry

Country/Timezone: pst

Why do you believe you should be staff?: (see my first post)

What would you bring to our current staff team?: Hi it's me Phurry again. I'd like to thank dr. choco for putting minimal thought into my first staff application, means a lot. It would've been a lot easier to post this as a comment on my first post but it has been locked. I won't be making any more posts after this but I thought I'd speak my thoughts one last time. Choco you stated the reason for my denial was due to my extensive history of "pushing the boundaries for rules" and "breaking/exploiting" them. Now I understand where you're coming from but I think you're missing the point and opportunity of having me as a staff member. As a 7th year civwars veteran I have a huge understanding of how the server works from a player perspective. I know the ins and outs of almost everything on civ. Every single time you guys release something new to the server, there's a problem, and as I'm sure my punishment list has shown, I'm good at finding that problem. As a staff member I would be obligated to report and help the higher staff fix these issues. As a player there is no incentive to reporting or trying to help get these problems fixed. I have reported countless bugs without any reward being given and it's honestly just a waste of time trying to explain and show staff a problem when half of you guys don't care/ignore us. I would appreciate it if there was an actual unbiased consideration put into reviewing my staff app. If there are any questions just @ me in a ticket, thanks for reading.

If you could change one thing to Civwars, what would it be?: (see my first post)

Anything else to add?: I got promoted at work yesterday

Zero___

Chocolate says how u have bad history but have u seen things him and Dreadmore have done!?!??! +1
I mean yeah they've both done bad shit as well lol. If you are willing to actually only report issues to upper staff i'll give a +1

Moosebobby

-1 While i do indeed like phurry I believe that his association with Dreadmore means that letting him into the staff team would only give Dreadmore more power over the server, with another staff member to use as a bludgeon against all those who criticize his skill at coding dupes.

RedTillDead

Admin
Staff member
Hi it's me Phurry again. I'd like to thank dr. choco for putting minimal thought into my first staff application, means a lot.
Getting upset when a staff member denies your application and insulting them is not a good look. Breaking the rule about not respecting staff decisions, first and foremost, and even more important than that is it shows that you're hotheaded, and the server does *not* need more hotheaded staff.
As a 7th year civwars veteran
CivWars now to CivWars then is incomparable. The server has changed so much that it retains few of the original aspects - except flag war and neutrality and me getting perm muted.
Every single time you guys release something new to the server, there's a problem, and as I'm sure my punishment list has shown, I'm good at finding that problem.
...and then not reporting the problem. That's like saying I've been punished a lot for breaking chat rules, therefore I would be a great chat mod. Or Moose is great at exploiting bugs, so he should be a developer.
As a player there is no incentive to reporting or trying to help get these problems fixed.
This one sentence says all the reasons why you shouldn't be staff. The incentive for reporting a bug and trying to help them get fixed is to make the server more enjoyable for everyone, to make the server better. If you can't be committed to doing that as a player, why would staff be interested in promoting you? If you say there's no incentive as a player, what incentive is there as a member of the staff team? You don't gain anything more out of it, and the repercussions are the same if you don't report them. If you're not interested, as a player, in making the server better, it is doubtful at best that you'd be interested in doing it as a member of the staff team.
I have reported countless bugs without any reward being given and it's honestly just a waste of time trying to explain and show staff a problem when half of you guys don't care/ignore us.
As above. And the proper place to vent your frustration at the staff team is in a ticket, not in a staff application. What you are doing by saying staff doesn't listen to you and it's really *their* fault that there's so many bugs because they aren't listening to the community is appealing to the community to agree with you about a topic unrelated to you becoming staff, so that they +1 your application. However, it doesn't work like that. It's not as simple as "staff doesn't listen to us, right guys? That's why I should be staff!"

Hi it's me Phurry again. I'd like to thank dr. choco for putting minimal thought into my first staff application, means a lot. It would've been a lot easier to post this as a comment on my first post but it has been locked.
I would appreciate it if there was an actual unbiased consideration put into reviewing my staff app.
Petty.

Chocolate says how u have bad history but have u seen things him and Dreadmore have done!?!??!
This is a non-argument. "You've done bad things but so have other staff, therefore you should be staff too." Your argument should say "none of them should be staff" if you were going to take on this track, but it doesn't. There is also the issue of recent history to consider, like has been mentioned in another thread. What are things in Chocolate and Dreadmore's recent history, in your eyes, that make them unfit for staff? Prove those, and then you still have only proven why two people shouldn't be staff, not why one person should be staff.

Sounds exactly like you my guy
not really.. I don't shit talk the staff team bro. but keep crying about how everything is biased against you guys.. LOL
Let's not start a flame war....

My final point is akin to what Moosebobby said, which is why I'm saving it for last. While I don't think that the problem would be giving Dreadmore more power over the server, or another staff member to use as a "bludgeon", the problem is that they are very very close and have been for many years. If a member of MGMT is best friends with another staff member, it could very easily cause conflict of interest issues if someone needs to report that moderator, for breaking rules or otherwise.
I foresee a potential argument, "but Chocolate and Bloody are literally brothers!!!" This doesn't go anywhere, as it is evidently not the same thing. In the first place, Chocolate is not a member of MGMT, meaning if there was bias they could very easily both be demoted. His position is not a permanent one as Dreadmore's is. Secondly, anyone who has known Chocolate and Bloody for any period of time knows that they keep their real life completely separate from their mineman. Chocolate had no problem with us kicking Bloody out of Drastia before, and they consistently disagree on many things. Family relations are different than friendships in this regard. Chocolate could get in a huge fight with Bloody about Civ things, and at the end of the day they would still be brothers. Dreadmore could have to reprimand Phurry and there isn't anything that means they HAVE to stay friends. I am not saying that's what would happen, I'm saying it could happen, and that's how it looks to lots of us.

TLDR: -1.

Moosebobby

Getting upset when a staff member denies your application and insulting them is not a good look. Breaking the rule about not respecting staff decisions, first and foremost, and even more important than that is it shows that you're hotheaded, and the server does *not* need more hotheaded staff.

CivWars now to CivWars then is incomparable. The server has changed so much that it retains few of the original aspects - except flag war and neutrality and me getting perm muted.

...and then not reporting the problem. That's like saying I've been punished a lot for breaking chat rules, therefore I would be a great chat mod. Or Moose is great at exploiting bugs, so he should be a developer.

This one sentence says all the reasons why you shouldn't be staff. The incentive for reporting a bug and trying to help them get fixed is to make the server more enjoyable for everyone, to make the server better. If you can't be committed to doing that as a player, why would staff be interested in promoting you? If you say there's no incentive as a player, what incentive is there as a member of the staff team? You don't gain anything more out of it, and the repercussions are the same if you don't report them. If you're not interested, as a player, in making the server better, it is doubtful at best that you'd be interested in doing it as a member of the staff team.

As above. And the proper place to vent your frustration at the staff team is in a ticket, not in a staff application. What you are doing by saying staff doesn't listen to you and it's really *their* fault that there's so many bugs because they aren't listening to the community is appealing to the community to agree with you about a topic unrelated to you becoming staff, so that they +1 your application. However, it doesn't work like that. It's not as simple as "staff doesn't listen to us, right guys? That's why I should be staff!"

Petty.

This is a non-argument. "You've done bad things but so have other staff, therefore you should be staff too." Your argument should say "none of them should be staff" if you were going to take on this track, but it doesn't. There is also the issue of recent history to consider, like has been mentioned in another thread. What are things in Chocolate and Dreadmore's recent history, in your eyes, that make them unfit for staff? Prove those, and then you still have only proven why two people shouldn't be staff, not why one person should be staff.

Let's not start a flame war....

My final point is akin to what Moosebobby said, which is why I'm saving it for last. While I don't think that the problem would be giving Dreadmore more power over the server, or another staff member to use as a "bludgeon", the problem is that they are very very close and have been for many years. If a member of MGMT is best friends with another staff member, it could very easily cause conflict of interest issues if someone needs to report that moderator, for breaking rules or otherwise.
I foresee a potential argument, "but Chocolate and Bloody are literally brothers!!!" This doesn't go anywhere, as it is evidently not the same thing. In the first place, Chocolate is not a member of MGMT, meaning if there was bias they could very easily both be demoted. His position is not a permanent one as Dreadmore's is. Secondly, anyone who has known Chocolate and Bloody for any period of time knows that they keep their real life completely separate from their mineman. Chocolate had no problem with us kicking Bloody out of Drastia before, and they consistently disagree on many things. Family relations are different than friendships in this regard. Chocolate could get in a huge fight with Bloody about Civ things, and at the end of the day they would still be brothers. Dreadmore could have to reprimand Phurry and there isn't anything that means they HAVE to stay friends. I am not saying that's what would happen, I'm saying it could happen, and that's how it looks to lots of us.

TLDR: -1.
Ok but I should be dev

"but Chocolate and Bloody are literally brothers!!!" This doesn't go anywhere, as it is evidently not the same thing. In the first place, Chocolate is not a member of MGMT, meaning if there was bias they could very easily both be demoted. His position is not a permanent one as Dreadmore's is. Secondly, anyone who has known Chocolate and Bloody for any period of time knows that they keep their real life completely separate from their mineman. Chocolate had no problem with us kicking Bloody out of Drastia before, and they consistently disagree on many things. Family relations are different than friendships in this regard. Chocolate could get in a huge fight with Bloody about Civ things, and at the end of the day they would still be brothers. Dreadmore could have to reprimand Phurry and there isn't anything that means they HAVE to stay friends. I am not saying that's what would happen, I'm saying it could happen, and that's how it looks to lots of us.
A little insight on this, I totally backed out of the discussion when the decision was being made to accept Bloody. I still don't get personally involved in any issues/concerns people may have with him, leaving it to others. And then there's also shit like this picture lmao (he still has not responded if you're wondering :()...
1624733659530.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

© 2021 - Civilization Wars LLC.

All Rights Reserved.