Denied Phurry (hear me out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phurry

I’m on my way to work right now so I don’t have time to properly respond to the other comments but they will be up after my shift

FTen

As a player there is no incentive to reporting or trying to help get these problems fixed.
Lies! There is an incentive. Just yesterday Crest found a bug yesterday and he reported it to DrC and he got rewarded, so I don't know what you're spewing here.

As a 7th year civwars veteran
What does it matter how long you've played if you've got TWICE as many bans/chat mutes as the years you've been playing, alot of people have said this about you but I do not believe you are mature enough to become staff member yet.
staff a problem when half of you guys don't care/ignore us.
I agree with this point however this is done in A. the wrong place. B. Not done to help anyone AT ALL.

My final point: You've proven time after time after time that you in a position of power will not end well for any of us.

Final, Final Point: They've already denied you so what makes YOU think after insulting them reconsider you as part of the server? You've given them no new information as to why you should be staff just waah'd, as usual..

Last edited:

FTen

A little insight on this, I totally backed out of the discussion when the decision was being made to accept Bloody. I still don't get personally involved in any issues/concerns people may have with him, leaving it to others. And then there's also shit like this picture lmao (he still has not responded if you're wondering :()...
View attachment 60
What did you ask? hmmm???????????

Phurry

Hi, I'm going to try and respond to all the relevant questions/comments in order without making this too long.

-1 all u do is shit talk the server and the staff team lmao idk why this should be taken seriously at all
I'm pretty sure the only "shit talking" I say about this server is towards the upper staff and the issues they are ignoring. I have had numerous issues with upper staff over the years which makes it very difficult to stay positive towards them.
+1 Phurry would be a dedicated admin
imagine
-1 While i do indeed like phurry I believe that his association with Dreadmore means that letting him into the staff team would only give Dreadmore more power over the server, with another staff member to use as a bludgeon against all those who criticize his skill at coding dupes.
Hi moose, I like you too. My friendship with dread irl has played out very differently while on civ. We've always had opposing views on many situations and I can guarantee I will add no power to his reign on Play.Civwars.Net. No comment on his coding "skills" or the dupes.
Getting upset when a staff member denies your application and insulting them is not a good look. Breaking the rule about not respecting staff decisions, first and foremost, and even more important than that is it shows that you're hotheaded, and the server does *not* need more hotheaded staff.
I apologize for posting another application but I felt that more thought could've been put into my first post. I wasn't upset but thank you for your concern.
CivWars now to CivWars then is incomparable. The server has changed so much that it retains few of the original aspects - except flag war and neutrality and me getting perm muted.
Not sure what your point of this was as I've been here for all these changes.
...and then not reporting the problem. That's like saying I've been punished a lot for breaking chat rules, therefore I would be a great chat mod. Or Moose is great at exploiting bugs, so he should be a developer.
You're missing the point of what I was saying. There's no doubt that I would be a great help to the staff team in finding/reporting issues/bugs. Moose would be a great dev if he wouldn't inevitably delete civ.
This one sentence says all the reasons why you shouldn't be staff. The incentive for reporting a bug and trying to help them get fixed is to make the server more enjoyable for everyone, to make the server better. If you can't be committed to doing that as a player, why would staff be interested in promoting you? If you say there's no incentive as a player, what incentive is there as a member of the staff team? You don't gain anything more out of it, and the repercussions are the same if you don't report them. If you're not interested, as a player, in making the server better, it is doubtful at best that you'd be interested in doing it as a member of the staff team.
I've already stated my struggles in trying to report and show staff bugs or exploits. There's also a good chance that I kept a lot of them a secret for personal gain. As staff I obviously wouldn't be able to do that. And I can already see a future reply from you going "you admitting to using bugs for personal gain is a perfect reason why you should never be staff" and to that I would reply "stfu everyone has done it <3".
As above. And the proper place to vent your frustration at the staff team is in a ticket, not in a staff application. What you are doing by saying staff doesn't listen to you and it's really *their* fault that there's so many bugs because they aren't listening to the community is appealing to the community to agree with you about a topic unrelated to you becoming staff, so that they +1 your application. However, it doesn't work like that. It's not as simple as "staff doesn't listen to us, right guys? That's why I should be staff!"
I can assure you that I did not put that much thought into the word "us" at 4am. Just pretend I was only talking about me cuz that's what I meant.
yes
If a member of MGMT is best friends with another staff member, it could very easily cause conflict of interest issues if someone needs to report that moderator, for breaking rules or otherwise.
My friendship with dread has never stopped him from banning/punishing me in that past and trust me derp would never allow any special treatment towards me. I'm not his favorite.
I foresee a potential argument, "but Chocolate and Bloody are literally brothers!!!" This doesn't go anywhere, as it is evidently not the same thing. In the first place, Chocolate is not a member of MGMT, meaning if there was bias they could very easily both be demoted. His position is not a permanent one as Dreadmore's is. Secondly, anyone who has known Chocolate and Bloody for any period of time knows that they keep their real life completely separate from their mineman. Chocolate had no problem with us kicking Bloody out of Drastia before, and they consistently disagree on many things. Family relations are different than friendships in this regard. Chocolate could get in a huge fight with Bloody about Civ things, and at the end of the day they would still be brothers. Dreadmore could have to reprimand Phurry and there isn't anything that means they HAVE to stay friends. I am not saying that's what would happen, I'm saying it could happen, and that's how it looks to lots of us.
I already explained in a reply above that my relationship with dread in and out of civ are very different but again, thank you for your concern.
Lies! There is an incentive. Just yesterday Crest found a bug yesterday and he reported it to DrC and he got rewarded, so I don't know what you're spewing here.
I'm glad crest got a reward. I've had a very different experience with the bugs/exploits I've reported throughout the years, but good for crest.
What does it matter how long you've played if you've got TWICE as many bans/chat mutes as the years you've been playing, alot of people have said this about you but I do not believe you are mature enough to become staff member yet.
I can tell by the way you've replied in this comment section that you're nowhere near the maturity it takes to be a part of this discussion. You have either not read what I've typed or you're just ignoring it. I stated how long I've played civ as a way to somewhat verify my experience on the server.
I agree with this point however this is done in A. the wrong place. B. Not done to help anyone AT ALL.
"wrong place", the problem with staff on civ was the main part of my post. "not done to help anyone AT ALL" um, that's probably because it wasn't to help anyone and it was instead just a sentence in my staff application.
You've given them no new information as to why you should be staff just waah'd, as usual.
That sentence is complete crap. My second post was a whole different approach than my first post.
also gg on the promotion at ur work
I already responded to this but you're the only one who said anything so thanks <3

~edit: removed unnecessary mean comments towards fTen, sorry

Last edited:

Dreadmore

Community Manager
Staff member
Good Morning,

So, I have read through all of this.

In order to be considered for staff, you have to show that you are someone who is capable of following rules and putting self interest aside to help the server. This is why your staff app was denied the first time, you have an extensive history of abusing bugs (Which is why you aren't rewarded for them) and tons of other violations resulting in numerous mutes and temp-bans.

I think you could be a good moderator, you can't expect us to promote you to a rank that is supposed to help the server and playerbase relations when you continuously do things that harm it.

We recognize change and growth as we have shown time and time again with our staff team.

Try to apply again in a few months when you have shown you are capable of using proper judgement in your actions as a player and have a clean history. We will see then. Ily

I will leave the thread open until the end of today.

Thanks,
Dreadmore

RedTillDead

Admin
Staff member
There's also a good chance that I kept a lot of them a secret for personal gain. As staff I obviously wouldn't be able to do that.
My point isn't that you used bugs for personal gain and therefore you shouldn't be staff. My point is you are saying that the only reason you would report bugs and exploits is if you gained something from reporting them, or if you were staff and couldn't go without reporting them. If you want to be staff because you won't report bugs otherwise then you shouldn't be staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

© 2021 - Civilization Wars LLC.

All Rights Reserved.