IGN: Red#0532

Why were you banned/muted?:
Telling someone to commit suicide.

Who banned/muted you?:
Chocolate

For how long are you banned/muted?:
Permanently

Why did you break the rule(s) that got you banned/muted?:
First, I did not know it was against the rules as at the time it wasn't specifically pointed out. Looking back on it shortly after, however, common sense could have led me to the evident conclusion that saying something like that would land me in trouble. It's because I thought shortly afterwards that I would get in trouble that I deleted the message, not wanting to get muted. The reason I said it at all is because I was responding in kind to the person who I said it to. They said something they knew would provoke me, and I said something that I knew would provoke them. I know that is not a mature way to handle it, and I know I am better than that. This is not an excuse for why I said it, just an explanation as the question demands.

Why do you believe you should be unbanned/unmuted?:
There are several reasons I believe I should be unmuted. First, it will be a month since I was muted in two days. Since I was muted, I have seen people make the same, or very similar, remarks and get temporary mutes of 24 hours, a week, or two weeks. Since I was the first person muted for this I think that I should at the very least get some sort of timeline for my mute. Second, I have shown that I am sorry for saying this and I have demonstrated resolve to not do this again, I think MGMT knows this as I've been active in reporting people for breaking chat rules. Third, I have shown at every avenue that I want only to make CivWars a better place, and I know that acting in that way will not make CivWars better and it will scare people away from the community and the server, which none of us want. I am active in giving suggestions, as I was before I was muted as well, and I am active in reporting rule breaking and bugs/exploits, even if it hurts me.

Anything else you think we should know:
Nope!

Are you interested in singing in the Civwars Karaoke for a further reduction/complete removal of ban/mute? (if eligible):
Yessir.

FTen

Must make him sing this song for a unban "I want to break free" by Queen for a unban if not he is a menace and I do not want him on the CivWars community.

Camarena

Hello Red,

Thank you for posting this appeal.

Personally, I don't think joking around about suicide is okay but I do know you were just messing around. We all know you didn't actually mean it.
I don't think a perm mute fits the crime.

+1 Unmute RedTillDead

MLG_Microwave

Admin
Staff member
+1 I think 1 month is a long enough punishment for what he said. I spoke to Red and he understands what he said is wrong. He also knows that if he says anything as terrible as this again the punishment will be much more severe as behaviour like this is not accepted on CivWars. I say give the man a chance as I believe he has learnt his lesson.

Zero___

I've been muted for the exact same thing Red has done and I've already been unmuted. Doesn't really make sense to inflict two separate punishments for the exact crime

Well.

What you did was both morally and ethically reprehensible, but also really damaged the playerbase. You were extremely toxic at a time when new players were eagerly joining the discord. However, in not only the time since your mute, but even before then, you have been extremely helpful in providing evidence and helping both myself and my fellow staff members in enforcing the rules. I am willing to chalk this up to being one isolated incident based upon the vastly behavior you have shown the rest of your time here on CivWars. So with that said, I will be accepting your mute appeal, at this time, effective after a wonderful karaoke performance.

ACCEPTED - PENDING

Status
Not open for further replies.

© 2021 - Civilization Wars LLC.

All Rights Reserved.