Accepted RedTillDead Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedTillDead

Admin
Staff member
In game name: RedTilldead
Country/Timezone: United States of America/MST
Why do you believe you should be staff?: There are several reasons I should be staff, but it's easier to cite the requirements for being staff (as listed in the application template) and then provide extra reasons.
  • You are mature enough to hold the position. - I have proven my maturity in several ways since I have been unbanned from the server, however I believe this will be the most contested point. I have consistently reported rule breaking of any and all kinds, and own up to my actions when I have acted poorly. When called out on something, I am able to admit my faults and work on being better. When I came back, there were many people that disliked me (most of the community), and I was able to work out my differences with them and sort through the problems, many of which were my own fault, to get to the point I am at today. While many still do not like me, I do not believe that my intentions for CivWars are in doubt, and I believe that concerns about my character have been cleared up. I have been punished for rule breaking and required an appeal since I was unbanned, but I believe this too has been cleared up. I understand that being a moderator for the server would mean an even higher level of décor, and I am more than ready and capable to meet the expectations.
  • You are at least 15 years old. - Duh.
  • You know how the server runs and are able to assist other players if needed. - I am one of the oldest members of the community and have gotten to know even the newest members. I know in depth how the server runs, and how the staff team runs as I used to be Sr. Mod for the server. I was noted for fulfilling my duties adequately and I was discharged due to something that would not happen again (and there are legal avenues to ensure this and I would be open to exploring those.)
  • You have contributed to some part of the server (posting on forums, active on Discord, finding bugs, helping fellow members out, etc). - Ever since my unban, I have been more than active in posting suggestions, writing forums posts, finding bugs, filing reports for rule breaking (even against my own nation members), helping players (especially navigating spawn o.o), and serving my short but active time as Builder. My suggestions have been recognized by Derp as helpful, explanatory, and detailed; and I am responsible for writing a comprehensive staff rework plan that was accepted by management. Other reports and suggestions such as the recent staff report from today, and my donator suggestions before the server released, and many more are self-evident.

EDIT: I am also currently working on video advertisements for the server, and have written things for Derp to advertise the server when it was requested. I also have helped test many features and fix bugs.

• You are recognized by the players as nice and helpful. - I have been encouraged by staff members, both sides of the ongoing war, and by neutrals to apply for moderator. I was hesitant to at first, but I ultimately want what's best for CivWars and I believe that I could do a good job at enforcing the rules and interacting with the playerbase.
  • You are responsible and have a good attitude. - Yes :D
What would you bring to our current staff team?: I keep seeing EU players apply for staff and give the reason of "needing more staff" active on EU hours. However the problem I have been seeing on the server right now is not enough moderators on during NA times. Many problems go unsolved and I can see that Chocolate needs more moderators to help enforce the rules.
If you could change one thing to Civwars, what would it be?: More frequent updates on what the staff is doing besides the changelogs. Consistent updates that say things like "we are working on x", "y is being fixed right now, hold tight", "z was a really good suggestion and we are currently debating how to best implement it" would go miles to increase trust in the staff team and to ease the stress and tension of the playerbase, as many feel like they're not being listened to right now.
Anything else to add?: I know I have before said I might quit the server due to certain rules not being enforced, but I believe that demonstrates my desire for enforced rules, an active staff team, and a more fun experience for everyone. I am dedicated to making CivWars better for everyone, as I have stated many places.

I know that I have messed up in the past, I simply ask for you to give me a chance. You won't regret it.
Thanks for reading.

I'll sign something if you want me to. You know where to find me <3

anroki11

Why do you believe you should be staff?: There are several reasons I should be staff, but it's easier to cite the requirements for being staff (as listed in the application template) and then provide extra reasons.
  • You are mature enough to hold the position. - I have proven my maturity in several ways since I have been unbanned from the server, however I believe this will be the most contested point. I have consistently reported rule breaking of any and all kinds, and own up to my actions when I have acted poorly. When called out on something, I am able to admit my faults and work on being better. When I came back, there were many people that disliked me (most of the community), and I was able to work out my differences with them and sort through the problems, many of which were my own fault, to get to the point I am at today. While many still do not like me, I do not believe that my intentions for CivWars are in doubt, and I believe that concerns about my character have been cleared up. I have been punished for rule breaking and required an appeal since I was unbanned, but I believe this too has been cleared up. I understand that being a moderator for the server would mean an even higher level of décor, and I am more than ready and capable to meet the expectations.
  • You know how the server runs and are able to assist other players if needed. - I am one of the oldest members of the community and have gotten to know even the newest members. I know in depth how the server runs, and how the staff team runs as I used to be Sr. Mod for the server. I was noted for fulfilling my duties adequately and I was discharged due to something that would not happen again (and there are legal avenues to ensure this and I would be open to exploring those.)
  • You have contributed to some part of the server (posting on forums, active on Discord, finding bugs, helping fellow members out, etc). - Ever since my unban, I have been more than active in posting suggestions, writing forums posts, finding bugs, filing reports for rule breaking (even against my own nation members), helping players (especially navigating spawn o.o), and serving my short but active time as Builder. My suggestions have been recognized by Derp as helpful, explanatory, and detailed; and I am responsible for writing a comprehensive staff rework plan that was accepted by management. Other reports and suggestions such as the recent staff report from today, and my donator suggestions before the server released, and many more are self-evident.

EDIT: I am also currently working on video advertisements for the server, and have written things for Derp to advertise the server when it was requested. I also have helped test many features and fix bugs.

• You are recognized by the players as nice and helpful. - I have been encouraged by staff members, both sides of the ongoing war, and by neutrals to apply for moderator. I was hesitant to at first, but I ultimately want what's best for CivWars and I believe that I could do a good job at enforcing the rules and interacting with the playerbase.
What would you bring to our current staff team?: I keep seeing EU players apply for staff and give the reason of "needing more staff" active on EU hours. However the problem I have been seeing on the server right now is not enough moderators on during NA times. Many problems go unsolved and I can see that Chocolate needs more moderators to help enforce the rules.
If you could change one thing to Civwars, what would it be?: More frequent updates on what the staff is doing besides the changelogs. Consistent updates that say things like "we are working on x", "y is being fixed right now, hold tight", "z was a really good suggestion and we are currently debating how to best implement it" would go miles to increase trust in the staff team and to ease the stress and tension of the playerbase, as many feel like they're not being listened to right now.
Anything else to add?: I know I have before said I might quit the server due to certain rules not being enforced, but I believe that demonstrates my desire for enforced rules, an active staff team, and a more fun experience for everyone. I am dedicated to making CivWars better for everyone, as I have stated many places.

I know that I have messed up in the past, I simply ask for you to give me a chance. You won't regret it.
Thanks for reading.

+1 amazing gentleman and he’ll deliver for Civ. Give my brother staff.

MLG_Microwave

Admin
Staff member
Red has always been reasonable and has done a lot of brilliant work for the server recently. Would be a sensible choice for another moderator. Definitely a +1 from me!

Mad MMTM

Donator
+1 red has improved alot in my time knowing him, I feel he will make a good impact on the server by being able to help fulfill the duties and tasks that are required of a moderator and effectively also be a good go to between for the community and staff

I expect great things from red.

FTen

Thanks for reading.

Red.. Red... Red... I think this man has gone through his own trials on CivWars and has many positives and negatives to him. I for one would love to see Red as moderator on CivWars for the main reason, he cares about the community. I have never met anyone more dedicated to the upkeep of CivWars.

+1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

© 2021 - Civilization Wars LLC.

All Rights Reserved.